What songs got you into electronica?

As the title asks, which songs did you listen to that stuck with you and forced you to branch out and eventually lead you to really get into electronica?

I personally started listening to:
1: DJ Tiesto's Trance Energy X-Mix 2003
2: Paul van Dyk's "Crush" and "For an Angel"
3: Infected Mushroom's "Heavyweight" and "Jeenge".

Last edited:
oh , that b boy music back in the 80's and ....um. oh..maggotron ..went into rap and over da last 5 or so years back with stuff likr ctrl z and sub zero ...oh, Pendulum

Many songs but the really popular ones at the time that I recall:

Paul van Dyke - "For an Angel"
Tiesto - "Adagio for strings" & "Lethal industry"

Used to listen to them over and over again.

Afrika Bambaata for electro, and, well... The track Skeleton Dust by Dub Crookz has forever captured my heart into the world of dubstep.

To this day I still don't really enjoy the traditional "new-disco" electronica sound, but what got me interested in electronic music of any form were NIN, KMFDM, Rob Zombie, Static X and Skinny Puppy/OhGr. I loved how they fused the music I was comfortable with at the time (rock) with avant garde soundscapes and otherworldly drums.

yea i got into it from the game wipeout 3, had a sick soundtrack, with under the influence by the chemical brothers, kittens by underworld, know where to run by orbital, some of the best ive heard to this day, and the albums they come from are just as good, but also before that or around that time, the whole electronica wave got me interested in that kind of stuff, but these were the real old days where if you wanted to hear something youd tune in to the radio endlessly (as i did since i was like 9 and had no money), you bought the album, or waited 3 hours to download a song with napster lol, so i didnt get too far into it until i got high speed internet lol. ahah actually the first cd i got was version 2.0 by garbage, which is a solid electronic pop album. other than that the matrix opened my eyes to industrial-like sounds like nine inch nails and drum and bass, and then i discovered aphex twin and loved listening through the tons of layers of complexity in it and stuff, and on the opposite end of complex beats id gotten into the repetitive trance sounds of tiesto, and i too listened to lethal industry and traffic tons of times ahah

Last edited by a moderator:
LaTour, Snap!, C + C Music Factory, Black Box, Madonna, Technotronic, La Bouche, PM Dawn, all that late 80's early 90's jammin music from when I was a kid. I was born to love electronic music darn it.

I Got into it Through AngerFist Headhunterz Showtek and DeadMau5

Along With some good Pendulum and Psyboriginal

I Listen to it all

From Psy to Hardcore from house to Happy Hardcore From Electro To DnB ect...

It all started in the early 90's. I actually got into it by going to raves when I was 16. After that, I started buying records and discovered underground. Wow, look at us now!!!!!!!

Last edited:
"Jack The Bass" - Jack Master Dick AKA Farley "Jackmaster" Funk did it for me to get the real feel of Chicago House music back in '85. I miss them days badly...

Last edited:
It wasn't really the songs for me. I started producing about 10 years ago (I was a kid back then) after I tried playing piano, guitar, drums, singing and I never felt that one instrument got me the satisfaction I needed, but I knew that music was my kind of thing. I then discovered the DAW (Fruity Loops 4 I think) and then the journey has been interesting and LOVELY!

I think it was 1990's jungle and techno that got me into it, heavily into hip hop before then. Used to dj and mix the 2 together then stumbled on vordhosbn about 10 years later and wondered how i missed this whole stlye of music for so long...

I see a wipe out fan in this thread... Thumbs-up for that game! ..and it's music of course ;)

I see you were a trance guy from the start haha. Me too, I heard satisfaction initially but Forbidden Paradise by tiesto was the song that made me actually seek it out, then I guess sparked me DJing and producing. Thanks tiesto haha. It was great seeing him this summer on the kaleidoscope tour, everything I thought it would be and more, it was crazy (and raining.) Good stuff, interesting topic too, props.

Max

i was introduced through indie songs being remixed into electro. the ed banger crew, aoki, etc, but i've enjoyed tiesto and now my tastes are very tech house since i began producing.

i was introduced through indie songs being remixed into electro. the ed banger crew, aoki, etc, but i've enjoyed tiesto and now my tastes are very tech house since i began producing.

I've always had this theory that most people start with like electro and progress slowly to deeper stuff. My theory is it's developing the patience... When I was 13-14 I would skip to "the good part," of some banging electro, now I appreciate whole songs more... like like pleasurekraft's tarantella, for me the first part is the best haha.

2: Paul van Dyk's "Crush" and "For an Angel"

Same! I actually started with PvD, then a buddy told me about Deadmau5, I owe it to deadmau5, he's the one that got me to start producing, cuase I was like "woah thats awesome, I wanna make something like that"

Back