What songs got you into electronica?

I don't know if it would count for you guys but what got me into the genre was none other than video games really. Growing up I never had the chance to really listen to a lot of music till I got a bit older, but for me it started with video games, then Apex Twin, then more so from then on, Japanese producers like Nujabes, Livetune, Dixie Flatline, etc, to Above & Beyond, Owl City, Chicane, Koop, Helios, Teen Daze and many many more haha. ^^

I've always listened to electronic music, but never got too much into it, as I was more fond of heavy metal. Then I listened to Pendulum's Hold Your Colour. From there, I ventured into the drum and bass scene, with Noisia, Black Sun Empire, DJ Marky Mark, Dieselboy.

Tangerine Dream ~ Phaedra (Album)
Jean Michel Jarre ~ Oxygene (Album)
Kraftwerk mid 70's kraut electronica
Pink Floyd ~ Dark Side of the Moon (On the run - the synth sequence before Time)

Noisia's remix of Fade To Grey was the song that first got me into it, but hearing Discovery by Daft Punk for the first time was what really got me hooked.

Got hooked in the early 90's, listening to tapes and cd's from the Housepary series :)
Tracks like:
Mainx - 88 to Piano
Public Energy - Three O' Three
dj one & sadomasy- bodymotion

When I got older, I started to like the harder genres more and more!

Last edited:
It was the Jungle Mania series of tapes that really got me excited. But Basement Jaxx were the act that made me really want to make electronic music.

These are the two main songs I remember are Noisecontrollers - The Universal Twister and The Prodigy - Smack my ***** up.

moby done it for me way back when ,
moby go.
anything by underworld
the best thing they did was have the track born slippy on a different album when that track made it big I bought there album hoping it was on it and it was a more ambient album , many days enjoyed driving in the car with that in the speakers

I'm a '09ish progressive house head. Here were a few that really got me into it:

Dinka- Road to Perdition
Deadmau5- Move For Me
EDX - Party of Politics

I guess I was a late bloomer, but I was so addicted to that style. (And still am). I don't see it around as often anymore, but there's still a few gems.

i started off listening to electronic music as a soundtrack to getting dusted, i was listening to trippier stuff - aphex twin, shpongle, hallucinogen, lots of old psytrance (cuz the new **** is wack), orbital, underworld

7th grade gym class "bring your own music to school" day about 12 Years ago was the turning point for me, when someone brought a CD with Holymen, , in particular "The last universe". I loved that song to death and it opened up a whole new world for me. A timeless classic!

When I was a kid I liked tracks from:
KLF - 3am,
Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer,
Utah Saints - Something Good
plus Culture Beat, La Bouche etc.

In High School '94 I got hit by the harder styles of dance music:
Ultrasonic - Check Your Head,
Scooter - Move Your Ass,
Dyewitness - Masterplan.

In the late 90s early 00s I was loving:
Sash! - Equador,
666 - D.E.V.I.L,
Warp Brothers - We Will Survive,
Paffendorf - Be Cool,
Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel,
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar Nalin & Kane mix
etc...

These days I'm really loving the Hardstyle scene. Brennan Heart, Tatanka, HeadHunterz and soooo many more...

"Poker Face" is what really got me into EDM. Lady Gaga was just so new and dynamic and that song was super catchy. Her voice and charisma pretty much sold me on EDM and got me listening to less and less rap music. I started wanting to hear more of those four-on-the-floor beats.

Back