What is house music?

Mattu, I totally feel you. I'm utterly fabulous too. And, I am the fukking best foosball player in the entire universe. When I play foosball, the planets align...

Haven't played foosball for ages, just some real life wrist-breaking action a couple of weeks ago. Some friends of mine are real foosball aces, you should have a game against them :)

D'you know what's really sad?

What's really sad is that I've just read a bunch of dumb lyrics that mean sweet FA and I feel like crying because they remind me of such good times. Damn I love house music - and all the friend's it's brought me.

KasioRoks

good ol

good ol robert owens "one of the men that are hip with house , if you aint hip with the house then youd be better of trying to kill a mouse"

Frankie Knuckles is credited with the invention of House music (thanks)!

House music to me creates the vision of inviting people over to your house, and things are generally on the up...

or a balance.. a kick puts the feeling down and then open high hats placed in between the kicks brings things back up. A basic structure from which endless possibilities can be spawn!

House music is much like a relegion to many people: A positiveness of people dancing or enjoying themselves together, and a feeling of trust. DJs may be thought of as preachers in this analogy.

Danny Krivit's "Strings of Life" is an excellent example of house music.

"Jack is the one who gives you the power to jack your body.
Jack is the one who gives you the power to do the snake.
Jack is the one who gives you the key to the wiggly worm.
Jack is the one who learns you how to walk your body.
Jack is the one that can bring nations and nations of all
Jackers together under one house."

I just nearly choked on my beer. That is funny as all hell and brings back all the memories from the Uptown, to the Downtown, to the MoTown, to the Paradise Garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with all music. There are soooo many different sub genres of house music. Many subgenres sound like a completely different genre of its own.

I'd like for someone to point out some prime examples of MODERN house music. A modern artists that ultimately defines this genre as a whole. Name a bunch if you can.

Back