What happen to Daff Punk?

I been wondering what happen to these guys,now I know awhile back when we found out all they do is sample and vocoder everything but I still though they sounded good for what they did.Homework(1997) that was a good track back in the day,it even got alot of radio play and One more time (1999) that track was pretty tight too.

what happen to them?

Dreaminginstereo

Ok, first of all, Daft Punk did not just sample stuff, they revolutionized the whole electronic music with very innovative sound, specially with their debut album "Homework" (a track named Homework does not exist), which only contains one sample in "Indo Silver Club". The second album is full of samples that is in fact true, but I think the final results speak for themselves. Their last album is out since March of this year, I think you missed that. The album is not bad for a fan, but I can imagine that a lot of people will not like it so much.....

And by the way: I believe the "new" album does not contain any samples!

I am just telling you the facts, it`s nothing to laugh about man..... You asked, I responded, right?

Egopanic, do Sample CD's count? (Ueberschall) They ya, they did sample. All the top producers use Sample CD's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Homework was a awesome album and they did great things for electronic music. I heard rumours that human after all was just done to get out of there contract and the real deal is coming soon hence the 6 weeks it took to make human after all.

Egopanic, do Sample CD's count? (Ueberschall) They ya, they did sample. All the top producers use Sample CD's!

When I say sampling, I mean taking a part of an existing song and use it in your own. Daft Punk used lots of samples from the 70s.

I heard rumours that human after all was just done to get out of there contract and the real deal is coming soon hence the 6 weeks it took to make human after all.

I heard that too, but I don`t believe it`s true!

youre right, the results do speak for themselves, ultra repetitive and not worth a listen after the first 5 times

youre right, the results do speak for themselves, ultra repetitive and not worth a listen after the first 5 times

I hope you`re only talking about the last album! If you refer to their second or first one (or even all of them) I cannot understand you. Most of the tracks in number one and two are club tunes and if you know how this kind of music works, you shouldn`t give such a comment in the electronic music section. A lot of house and electro (or whatever is your definition of this kind of music) is made specially for the club and not for the car or at home. The tracks I produce are also mostly working in clubs only and if you listen to them at home they feel a little repetitive. What do you listen to? I`m just curious.....

I`m glad to hear that! Daft Punk had such a big impact even to people who don`t like their music...

these guys like to samp. there, now it's officially a 4 letter word, don't use it ;-)

what if daft punk used sometin really radical like an oboe or a kazoo...who the hell cares if the music is good!

go make a good song with a box of samples, show how easy it is

go make a good song with a box of samples, show how easy it is

Exactly! I`m not that much of a sample guy (in my own productions), but stuff like daft punks is really hard to make, even though they used samples. You can try it out yourself. Everyone knows what samples those guys used, so let`s see if you`re capable of doind the same ****!

Their new album is kind of growing on me. Not Robot Rock or Brainwasher (the first two that caught my ear) but now Prime Time of your Life and Technologic have been catching me lately.

And yes, they are immensely influential. I think they blend hip hop, techno, funk, house very well.

So many people were and are still inspired by Daft Punk: Junior Jack, Patrick Alavi, Steve Angello, Mylo and myself too, just to name a few!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back