Welcome to the new TRIP HOP FORUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes great stuff we need a decent trip hop forum

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I am a Tip Hop Producer I love it! Please could you check out the links below I need to link with other trip hop fans as much as possible I believe in this music deeply and would really appreciate the support and feedback.

Links.........

yeaaah, the best music out there!! and wooah, dude frenic!! i love your music so much, been a fan for a while. echoes in india and long misty blue are some of my favorite tracks man! play a show in LA and i'll be there for sure

Trip Hop Fan And Producer...

Hi I'm a Trip Hop producer based in Bristol, UK. I'm also a huge DJ Frenic fan (as well as lots of other chilled beats). This is my first time using this forum so I'm not able to post links here yet. But you'll find my soundcloud by searching J Billo in google. Keep sharing the love, this is a fantastic genre.

Trip Hop is the music of PEACE :)

I'll be in this forum quite a bit. Love trip-hop. :)

edit: BTW, this has been bothering me. What exactly would you define as being "Trip-Hop". There are so many genres and so many different takes on them...but what is trip hop to you? :)

Its a tough one... for me its mostly downtempo stuff with a focus on the downbeat i.e 2 & 4.. sample-based more often than not... it often references classic drum machines but this isnt necessarily a definitive trait.... i suppose all instrumentation is welcome.. synth, guitar, strings horns... its a mish mash that doesnt really have boundaries these days.... i guess it just comes down to feel

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-08-2013 at 09:51 PM ----------

Yes DJ Frenic! just listened to Dr DaD..... so sick!!! would recommend to anyone.

Last edited:
We're not exactly Trip hop but we're definitely very influenced by it.

I was actually born in Bristol and grew up in Clevedon before moving to Liverpool, but it was actually the other half of the duo, Yash (from India) who originally got me into Trip Hop.

We love most of the bands that I'm sure have been mentioned countless times as influences in this thread, but I personally think a lot of indie Trip hop is very derivative at the moment- it's just loops and beats, and needs something more to it.. Burial's beautiful remixes of Massive Attack were exactly what modern Trip hop needs to be doing now, and they made everything else sound like quantised rubbish.

So, do any of you perform Trip hop live?

Looking for singer

Hi, I'm looking for a singer for a professional 'trip hop', 'downtempo' recording project. The songs are written, I just need a vocalist to craft the final versions before recording. I'm in Melbourne Australia, have a studio (with great gear) and am looking preferably for a female voice. I'm happy to work online but would prefer to meet up to. I'm at andreromano99 'at' gmail.com. Cheers
Open to any collabs as well.

Im also a big fan of trip hop music style. Been listening trip hop more than 14 yrs now.

Big love to all trip hop producers.

Also in love with this genre. I've tried a little something. Give it a check if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back