Trance money

Hehe :)) That's a really actual question for me to :))

What kinda trance do you mean? Psy/darkpsy one? Cos if it is, I can tell you what it's really hard to make money with what kinda music. But if you talkin' about the progressive one - of course you can.

Last edited:
Hehe :)) That's a really actual question for me to :))

What kinda trance do you mean? Psy/darkpsy one? Cos if it is, I can tell you what it's really hard to make money with what kinda music. But if you talkin' about the progressive one - of course you can.

yes progressive

1- Produce a good trance track.
2- Send it to one of the records labels, such as Armada.
3- If it was good, you might get yourself a contract.
P.S: if you're looking for the money and the fame and not interested in making tunes don't bother, cause you won't be able to make a good track.
Make sure the sound quality is high.

1 rule about producing music i maybe go off topic so sorry about that,you make music to make people feel better or maybe sad so if u wanna make music for fame i can tell u only to stop wasting your time.
And yes there is money in every genre in some genres less in some more,but produce something you love :) Cheers and good luck mate

Would you agree that there is a lot less money to be made in electronic music than in for example pop/ rock or country.

Unless you are lucky enough to make that really "catchy" tune that get's picked up by a movie producer or becomes a commercial theme, you will make much money from techno/ trance/ house/ garage.

That is a real shame as it seems that electronica seems to be getting a lot more original. The same cannot be said of hip hop. I was forced to listen to it on the radio the other day and every single hip hop/ rap song stole the lyrics from an old track and just added obscenities and ah yeahs all over the place.

I would, simply because those other genres mentioned are much more popular.

It really depends on the money you get from live performances, most major label artists are actually in debt and not making any money because everything they spend is on credit.

iv recently gotten into trance music as well. i have to say that i get the feeling that trance wasn't where it used to be in terms of popularity, but the scene is still there. id suggest to produce tracks, send some demos, but focus on djing where you can showcase your tracks and getting a following. itl be easier to build from the ground up that waiting for a big break thru a demo. its hard tho, i live in philly and there isnt really a scene for trance

to be honest, if your good you can make money in any type of genre as long as you can promote yourself, actually scratch that from a large amount of artists i see you don't have to be good lol.... but if your a mediocre trance producer, and not a dj, you prob wont make a 6 digit salary

Not that im in it for the money its just that I love music so why not make a living doing it

And for the fame aspect of course I wanna be known for great music am I gonna put hours of work into something just to let it sit on my hardrive

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

1 rule about producing music i maybe go off topic so sorry about that,you make music to make people feel better or maybe sad so if u wanna make music for fame i can tell u only to stop wasting your time.
And yes there is money in every genre in some genres less in some more,but produce something you love :) Cheers and good luck mate
if you love something why not try to make a career out of it and be known as one of the greatest :)

There is no money to be made from dance music. Ministry Of Sound has been going for 20 years, has numerous Cd's for sale and clubs around the globe but barely breaks even.

There is no money to be made from dance music. Ministry Of Sound has been going for 20 years, has numerous Cd's for sale and clubs around the globe but barely breaks even.

That isn't necessarily true. There are tons of artists, like the biggest (Daft Punk, Justice) who have been making money for years off of their music. Even artists who aren't so well known, like Diplo, makes tons of money. Switch I can guarantee you makes more money than most hip-hop producers you know. The question itself was about artists making money, not labels. Ministry of Sound sells CDs, which, doesn't do too well anymore, especially with the advent of Beatport.

Basically, making money in this genre is the same as making money in other genres. Trance has a huge, dedicated fanbase. Most trance fans have been trance fans for years, and can tell you most anything about trance.

I really wish that were true, I love house music in most of its forms. Alas I know many "successful" house/ garage/ trance producers who have actually given up their craft because there was simply no money to be made anymore.

What a load of baloney. The top djs get literally thousands per SET!

There are hundereds of dance music festivals the biggest ones probably being in Holland, the headline DJs who play these can easily get paid £20,000 for a couple hours work. In dance music you have to remember there is no front man, no vocalist so it is the DJ that the fans support. Dance music followers have their very own equivalents of Dr Dre, Timbo etc. And dont even think that David Guetta isnt getting that money in either.

Aslong as your good at what you do the money will come.

Back