So I made a soundtrack for an exhibition...

krushing

...called Amazing Design - it was showcasing Finnish design here in Helsinki as part of an annual happening called Taiteiden Yö (Night of the Arts). The location of the exhibition was pretty much in the middle of the city centre. The exhibition had three themes - Bohemian, Homy & Cool - I composed an ambient-ish (looping, which explains the rather abrupt start/end points) soundtrack for each one. I think they turned out pretty nice. Feel free to tear me apart.

Amazing Design - Bohemian theme
Amazing Design - Cool theme
Amazing Design - Homy theme

They're all pretty long (>10min), the point being that you can either listen to a little while or the whole thing and still get a sense of structure for the time being...

Hey congratz Krushing !!! :victory: :victory:
I'm glad to hear this - imho it's well deserved; enjoy & take care dude !!

Thanks. I've yet to hear any *critical* word from these (except from my friends), so I'd be glad to hear if there's anything to comment on. I'll probably make "more listeneable" edits (ie. shorter & more varied) of these at some point...

i gotta tell this story and this is a good a place as any... cuz i havent heard these yet and heres why-

i recently DLed a bunch of UFO videos. a bunch of sketchy, banned nasa sh1t. scary! and not more than 4 hours later, my internet machine is slaughtered by a very quick and very nasty virus.

im looking for the smoking man now.... haha!

my mahcine is apparently fine, and all the files are still there, but all of my user accounts have been deleted, and when i try to force a logon, it tells me that something is stopping it from authenticating my version of xp and boots me off. and its a totally legit machine.

its awesome....

so anyway, i cant listen til i wipe that thing clean a few times and reinstall..... haha.

pretty sketchy sh1t..... i was asking for it though, i admit....

peace.

That was a great listen, Krushing!

It was even nicer because of the contrast it happened to provide me with: I had been listening to dnb sets all day, and all of this resulted in a perfect chillout session. I needed that. :D

So, I just let it flow and was very pleased with the moods of the different pieces. I can see how this has worked in an exhibition setting.

Only one apparent criticism came to my mind as I was resting my ears from the more violent material I had been listening to earlier: I felt that the sharp transient *click* in the guitar sound (and its subsequent delayed copies) in the "Cool2" piece distracted me from the whole. On the other hand I'm used to listening to pretty chaotic and gritty ambient stuff, there's just something about apparent clicks and pops that can easily get to me. No biggie, of course.

Thanks for sharing these tracks, I'm quite sure they will become regulars in my downtempo/chillout lists. Oh, and about your "more listenable edit" comment: I find the fact of these tracks being long and slowly developing a definitely positive thing :)

Last edited:
Guenon said:
Thanks for sharing these tracks, I'm quite sure they will become regulars in my downtempo/chillout lists. Oh, and about your "more listenable edit" comment: I find the fact of these tracks being long and slowly developing a definitely positive thing :)

Yeah, I actually like these long edits as well - it's just that there's a lot of just copy/pasting the brooding hum there now - filler essentially - and not really evolving to anywhere. I just might make some small changes there that cause something relatively minimalistic to happen during those parts and tie it up with the rest of the structure.

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited:
Back