Small artist shoutouts!

steffeeh

Thought it would be nice to make a thread where we share all those small electronic artists who you really think deserve way more attention.
So feel free to share them ;) It would be even better if you could add some info about the artist and why you like them, and so on (you get my point).

Remember - this is NOT the place to market your own music!
Remember - this thread is aimed towards electronic music only, instrumental bands can be posted elsewhere.
Remember - while we surely want to keep a broad spectrum of styles, let's hold back some of the EDM artists and such, or they'll just soak up the entire thread.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll go first then since no one else did...

Here's Dorisburg, a Swedish artist which I discovered on one of the bigger radio stations here some time ago (a station which plays underground music during the evenings).

Dorisburg - Mima [the EP this song is from has some of the coolest artworks!]

Next up is SCNTST
, that I discovered by Axwell adding one of his songs to the Axwell weekly Spotify list, and I was blown away by the fact that this guy from München sampled the opening of Joy Division - Warsaw, and he did it really well. He does a wide range of styles, which is nice.

SCNTST - Rhythm Sticks [this is the song with the sampled part, at around 1:00]
SCNTST - Generated
SCNTST - MBeachlyfe [this is the song that was included in Axwell's list]

And lastly, here's DJ Rum, or Djrum, which I just stumbled upon while browsing for new music. He does various styles, and has a very mellow but sweet sound to his music. He does a lot of samples in his songs from conversations in movies.

Djrum - Undercoat [first song I ever heard from him]
Djrum - Mountains, Pt. 1
Djrum - Obsession
Djrum - Dam
Djrum - The Darkest Hour Is Just Before Dawn
Djrum - The Miracle

Back