Recommend some talented IDM artists

Serkem

Im into IDM and underground music, like Daniel Half and AFX, if you enjoy that kind of music, share some names with me :)

I hate the term IDM cause it implies everything else is SDM (stupid dance music) but anything from warp records.
AFX has dozens of other aliases, but most famously aphex twin. Squarepusher is decent sometimes. Jimmy edgar and boards of canada have good reputations...

Noisia and Aphex Twin. Some people say Noisia is just EDM. DNB. But listen to Noisia - Could This Be. Totally IDM. :3 I love Noisia. XD

Noisia are some of the biggest names in the neurofunk scene, and their newer material (aka their album Split the Atom) is more electro-house and brostep influenced. They've never been labeled as IDM before and they don't call themselves IDM as well.

If you listen to their new releases, like Purpose EP, you'll see they're back to neurofunk.

Proem
Quinoline Yellow
The Synthetic Dream Foundation
Amon Tobin
eDiT
Tipper

It would be worth exploring the label Ad Noisam. That was my first real introduction to the genre, around the time I became obsessed with Broken Note. Their podcasts are always solid.
This is my first post, so I can't post a soundcloud link, but they're easy to find.

There's also the label Ant Zen, which I think is more widely well regarded, but I find their discography to be a bit daunting.

Back