Opinion on this pleaase :)

FLA_Clay

Hey everyone, im pretty comfortable with the majority of the beginning of this track (its obviously unfinished) but i just want everyones opinion and or tips and any feedback about the bass line/"breakdown"? part that starts at 1:45, something about it im not sure i like...could just be because its lacking right now, and kind of plain, but what does everyone think about the synth itself and what not! any feedback is welcome :)
much love yoProject (Need Feedback) by FLA_Clay on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Ok, time for some constructive criticism,but first is this meant to be house music? :O

Alright, I think that the intro is kind of boring :/... Maybe try starting out with 2 loops of the instruments instead of just the kicks.
And the crash at the beginning sounds like a sample from a Lex luger kit? Try finding a crash the fits the song more. <---- (IMO)
Soz, :(. Didn't mean to be mean, haha.

Ok, time for some constructive criticism,but first is this meant to be house music? :O

Alright, I think that the intro is kind of boring :/... Maybe try starting out with 2 loops of the instruments instead of just the kicks.
And the crash at the beginning sounds like a sample from a Lex luger kit? Try finding a crash the fits the song more. <---- (IMO)
Soz, :(. Didn't mean to be mean, haha.

Constructive criticism is the best imo! and genre-wise...i honestly dont know, lol. im still kinda a noob when it comes to making and even listening to anything EDM. So i just try to make a track and try to make my own synths and just learn as much as I can as i go, idk what genre im shooting for. I agree with the intro being boring...i def need to add something to break up the monotony, i just hear a lot of tracks with almost a minute of drums on the intro before it really picks up, i guess for DJing? idk. so i tried to mimic that but it could use work, ill try something different there.

And the crash is not lex luger lol, although it is just a stock Maschine crash, i think i got tired of trying to go thru all the different ones and prolly just got lazy and chose one.

thanks for the response tho! every opinion helps and i dont take shit very personal so u didnt come off mean at all. do you have a soundcloud by the way? i always enjoy checkin out ppls music.

Long intros are typical and I use semi long ones for mixing but I like where its going. Just try shorting the intro a bit. :)

I like the intro; it is a long one, 1:45 before you hit the main beat...I beat you could cut 1:00 - 1:45 and have it sound pretty clean...plus, you could use that 45 seconds as an intro to another song :D

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

btw, I'm with you - I have no idea what genre I'm in...I like listening to anything I can get my hands on, and pretty much just try to make whatever sounds good to me...but what do I know, I'm still an amateur lol

I agree with the Phool. There needs to be some better sounding hatz in there. I like the break down part though, that also needs more. Take your time with these tracks bro, I'll sit on tracks for weeks before I release them to the public. All in all, not bad.

VinteK

Back