Thread: Opinion on this pleaase :)

Thanks

Opinion on this pleaase :)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone, im pretty comfortable with the majority of the beginning of this track (its obviously unfinished) but i just want everyones opinion and or tips and any feedback about the bass line/"breakdown"? part that starts at 1:45, something about it im not sure i like...could just be because its lacking right now, and kind of plain, but what does everyone think about the synth itself and what not! any feedback is welcome
    much love yoProject (Need Feedback) by FLA_Clay on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thanks
    Ok, time for some constructive criticism,but first is this meant to be house music? :O

Alright, I think that the intro is kind of boring :/... Maybe try starting out with 2 loops of the instruments instead of just the kicks.
    And the crash at the beginning sounds like a sample from a Lex luger kit? Try finding a crash the fits the song more. <---- (IMO)
    Soz, . Didn't mean to be mean, haha.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektronik View Post
    Ok, time for some constructive criticism,but first is this meant to be house music? :O

Alright, I think that the intro is kind of boring :/... Maybe try starting out with 2 loops of the instruments instead of just the kicks.
    And the crash at the beginning sounds like a sample from a Lex luger kit? Try finding a crash the fits the song more. <---- (IMO)
    Soz, . Didn't mean to be mean, haha.
    Constructive criticism is the best imo! and genre-wise...i honestly dont know, lol. im still kinda a noob when it comes to making and even listening to anything EDM. So i just try to make a track and try to make my own synths and just learn as much as I can as i go, idk what genre im shooting for. I agree with the intro being boring...i def need to add something to break up the monotony, i just hear a lot of tracks with almost a minute of drums on the intro before it really picks up, i guess for DJing? idk. so i tried to mimic that but it could use work, ill try something different there.

And the crash is not lex luger lol, although it is just a stock Maschine crash, i think i got tired of trying to go thru all the different ones and prolly just got lazy and chose one.

thanks for the response tho! every opinion helps and i dont take shit very personal so u didnt come off mean at all. do you have a soundcloud by the way? i always enjoy checkin out ppls music.

Thanks
    Long intros are typical and I use semi long ones for mixing but I like where its going. Just try shorting the intro a bit.

Thanks
    I like the intro; it is a long one, 1:45 before you hit the main beat...I beat you could cut 1:00 - 1:45 and have it sound pretty clean...plus, you could use that 45 seconds as an intro to another song

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

btw, I'm with you - I have no idea what genre I'm in...I like listening to anything I can get my hands on, and pretty much just try to make whatever sounds good to me...but what do I know, I'm still an amateur lol

Thanks
    nothing wrong with it at 1:45. in fact the track sounds great aside from the quality. but like you said its not ready yet.

check out mine
    https://www.futureproducers.com/foru...esence-401085/
    Last edited by acetheface954; 04-09-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    Good quality, could be longer

Thanks
    Cymbals need more dynamics.

Thanks
    I agree with the Phool. There needs to be some better sounding hatz in there. I like the break down part though, that also needs more. Take your time with these tracks bro, I'll sit on tracks for weeks before I release them to the public. All in all, not bad.

VinteK

Thread Information