Thread: Is it just me?

Thanks

Unhappy Is it just me?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Is it just me, or do electronic music get more and more thin and compressed as times goes?

Iím a faithful trance enthusiast. Not because itís just Ďtranceí but because I love synthesizer sounds and good melodies - and the trance genre is one of the few genres that are based on synthesizers. But lately (referring to newer releases of electronic music) the tracks has in general gone too much compressed and thin for my taste.

Whatís happening? Is electronic music going more towards VA and software? Is it too much compressed? Is it the new-age mastering process?

Thanks
    I think saying "electronic music" as a whole is generalizing too much. Club-oriented (=dance-oriented) and more mainstream stuff is definitely headed down there with all the other "who's loudest" recordings, but there's a lot of leftfield material that's sounding as good as ever...

Thanks
    With underground music it's quite the opposite - when I listen to a lot of 'classic' stuff these days it sounds underdone....
    [COLOR=#cccccc][FONT=Verdana]50 feet away boys, you know the rules[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thread Information