House Music / Whats poppin where YOU are?

really, dump the f****n Eiffel65 out!!!! It sucks! Have you guys tried Erick "More" Morillo's stuff and remixes? It ROCKS!!!!!

-Trac

Well E 65 isn't house anyway. It's Euro Dance, so why put it up here in the first place?
By the way: WHO MENTIONED THEM FIRST? I'm GONNA KICK YOUR...
HeHe :D

Hi you guys. Ummm, just a little question. Ya know the Zombie Nation guys (German probably) which produced that Kernkraft 400 track.....well: ok here we go:

1) Me and my cousing were dicussing this track and I think that he got kinda confused over a little something! He knew the track I was talking about but he asked me something about "an original"?! Now, this is where I got totally confused! I thought that this track was produced orginally by the Zombie Nation Guys (DJ Splank and DJ Mooner, I think!)!!!!

2) The point where he totally confused me was when he said, and I literally quote: "Kraftwerk were one of the pioneers of sequencing music in the 1970's"! How the hell has that gotta do with Zombie Nation....?

Any answers out there would be the greatest people on earth!! Bye for now! :)

Yeah. Zombie Nation are German allright! I should know this.

Also the track "Kernkraft 400" has nothing to do with kraftwerk in any sense.
This is a hitter in the german dancechart, a supermodern approach to rave I would say. POWER!

Tell that to your friend, but make a big bet first. HeHe. :D

Hehehe!!!! I knew they had nothing to do with Kraftwerk but he totally denied it!!!!!

I loved Kernkraft 400 track....kept my head bopping all day (well not literally bopping.... but i think you get the picture!).... Cheers DJ Chriss! :)

deejayC said:
hi i'm a DJ from London, UK and i play what you'd call electonic music, which over here is house, trance, speed garage etc. etc.

hard tracks all the time, stuff from Paul Oakenfold, Blank & Jones, PauL Van Dyk, BT, Arriva etc. etc. there are hundreds of artists we all continue to plug over here.

Digital Corruption www.digitalcorruption.com

Actually I consisider those artists in the soft zone.
I'm not kidding. These are "nice" trance/house/dance artists. :D
I like them all though.

hmmmmmmm, the last thing I remember was Acid house.....
so now im unsure to what house really is,

is it like 4/4 with singin and melodies and stuff?

whats the average bpm?

what instruments are commonly used in house music?

what modes and scales does house music use?

I make technobreakbeatacidflux music, if there is an actual genre for it...

dafluxtah
http://www.mp3.com/dafluxah

House generally use 4/4 beats. But they are not as repetitous as in trance.
The hihats are generally shuffled and filtered to make it 'Groovy'. The tempo is normally a bit slower than trance.
About 128-138 BPM.
There's often used some grinding guitar samples and the bass is not the usual offbeat, but makes some floating around instead.

Somehow "Orinoko" goes beyond all this and makes house in a way we've never heard it before. Don't ask me how.
It's somewhat of a blend between house and trance, but there's none of the usual house aspects involved. The sound is still : house.

Also people like Mac Zimms and Josh Wink gives us House in a totaly different perspective.

And yes. Vocals are used alot in House, as in Club.
(Exept from the artists just mentioned)

HOUSE

Ever heard a tune by LFO call "intro" I think.
What is house this is a hard one because I might be older than some of u guys, so I have different views to u all.
House should be a funky disco affair with lots of groove, or some mad bleeps with a 4/4 arrangement (A guy called gerald "voodoo ray" oldskool house).
What house should sound like is something made by Green Velvent or Derrik Carter, the mid-west usa has some of the best producers, Murk and Deep dish also get rated, european well ian pooley is great, Daft punk too are just great.
So there we are that my view of house.
What rocks where i live oldskool hiphop, breaks and beats, d&b, uk garage, nuskool breaks :)

whats poppin

whats mrfunkyhouse poppin?
live mix electronica sequence & sample
with freestyle turntablism; variety styles
more underground art crowd appeal here
big hits on DnB gravity base night
strictly Dnb; other clubs some cheezy.
intelligent mix sometimes people dont
realize that im shaking the house;and then
there are those who know.when i opened for
The Crystal Method & Love And Rockets...
those guys like it .tear it up
http://www.mp3.com/mrfunkyhouse
we have some other quality live PA shows
by Neto Torpedo(experimental) and Twilight Sleep(DnB)
and we all gig togeather;merge
peace 4 u all
mrfunkyhouse 2000

[Edited by mrfunkyhouse on 10-22-2000 at 04:19 PM]

Now this is house music

When it comes to house music it should be deep 'n' delicious.

Naked Music, Estereo, Glasgow Underground, Large, Chilli Funk, Toko, Paperecordings, Alola, Solemusic, Peng, Shaboom, Infinite Jazz, Nuphonic, Filter, Under The Counter, Tronicsole, Hiptonic, Yell House, Nite Life Collective, Guidance, Red Melon, Grayhound, Nordic Trax... to name but a few people making real house music.

And if that's what you're into, you should be into us.

http://www.untitledmusic.co.uk

Back