Help!!!! :(

Ektronik

Hey guys! My name is Jon ( Ektronik). I have some problems that I need some help with...

I'm a Hardstyle producer and recently I've been having some problems. I'm not a "noob" with music production. I've got skills and knowledge with higher end DAW's like Reason and Ableton,but I just can't seem to get my sh** right.
Every time I start a project I end up not finishing it because I CAN NEVER GET PAST THE INTRO! I know Hardstyle intros are VERY,VERY,VERY basic,but for some reason I always tell myself that it doesn't sound right and I start a new project. I'm assuming this is just a block of some sort?

I've got ALL of the sounds, samples, synths, etc that I need to make this kind of music,but I can never seem to put the intro together right. I've watched tutorial videos on building intros,but that didn't help what-so-ever because it's usually just some 15 year old kid that thinks he/she has his shit together...

So basically, I'm asking if anyone can help me? I just need to get past the intro! I everything else,but that...
Does anyone know of any resources or know anything them selves that could possible help me?
This "block" or whatever it is has gotten me to the point where I'm considering quitting music production because it's just frustrating.

Please help, :(.

I had the exact problem you had last month. You have to just get so pissed off to the point where your mind flows into your program.

My suggestion? Relax a bit, pop up a can of soda, and just research video after video on how to sound EXACTLY like you want to in your head... settle for nothing. If you want what you want, you gotta make it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad that it's not just me that's having this problem.

One "PROBLEM" I have is that the music I make has to sound 100% perfect.
So I open up Reason start making something and then 15 minutes later I'm working on a new project because the last one didn't sound perfect. I don't want to sound arrogant or anything,but the music I make has to and will be GOOD sounding music. I don't want it to sound like I'm some average dude that makes beats in his Mom's basement on the weekends, ya' know?

I've been using this time to learn my programs better, learn to make my own sounds, drums, snares, etc better, so I can finally move away COMPLETELY from using samples. So I guess there;s something good to become of my situation.

Thanks, Killer :D

I find that adding more until I have 4 bars of what my entire track would look like then move into laying out a track really helps. Otherwise I have no vision of where my track is going to go.

why dont you skip the intro and build the rest of the song? and then come back to the intro later.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Well, I'm glad that it's not just me that's having this problem.

One "PROBLEM" I have is that the music I make has to sound 100% perfect.
So I open up Reason start making something and then 15 minutes later I'm working on a new project because the last one didn't sound perfect. I don't want to sound arrogant or anything,but the music I make has to and will be GOOD sounding music. I don't want it to sound like I'm some average dude that makes beats in his Mom's basement on the weekends, ya' know?

I've been using this time to learn my programs better, learn to make my own sounds, drums, snares, etc better, so I can finally move away COMPLETELY from using samples. So I guess there;s something good to become of my situation.

Thanks, Killer :D

the reason why you arent producing to your like is because of your inexperience most likely, im not juding your skills but if you dont produce a full song, you cant get enough experience. If you dont get enough experience, you cant produce to perfection.
Have you made full tracks yet?

Dude an easy method to your problem would be to duplicate your 4 bar intro ..place it 10 seconds ahead...then work on a sfx to transition to that next loop, then add another element to that duplicated loop and off you go! You should be in the right track

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Technologic is right on this too, you can be dope at creating riff and hooks, but if you cant complete past the intro , or stuck on your 4 bar loop, then its lack of experience,
why dont you skip the intro and build the rest of the song? And then come back to the intro later.

---------- post added at 05:54 pm ---------- previous post was at 05:51 pm ----------

the reason why you arent producing to your like is because of your inexperience most likely, im not juding your skills but if you dont produce a full song, you cant get enough experience. If you dont get enough experience, you cant produce to perfection.
Have you made full tracks yet?

Back