Future of Electro/Prog/House & Dubstep

Have to say, totally disagree with you guys. The crap you guys listen is not what true house heads consider house.
Then let's get into the philosophy by asking, "how do you define what a real 'dubhead' or 'househead' is?" Because if all we're talking about is who came first in a given subgenre, then I'm not in the least bit worried about missing out on those subgenres. Don't get me wrong, I love guys like Skream and Justice and guys who created different styles of now-popular music. But if all we're doing is going back to their styles, where's the innovation? Where's the fun?

I think Progressive House is a genre that'll blow up even more pretty soon. Catchy lyrics and an atomic bomb-of-a-drop makes for an amazing track to dance and go crazy to.

my view is play a little with new stuff but dont change your stance on what you like. I went into a mode of playing to the masses but found my heart was not in it. If you produce to whats relevant without enjoying it you will become format and as we all know format is brushed under the carpet. keep to what you enjoy just tweak slightly and create sub genre. There is always an audience for your music you love and if not it will come back when the new generation don't know of it. It can work making the transition but only if you like it, if you do it to try and stay new but dont enjoy all those that do it for the love of it will swallow you up. if anything adapt what you love

Last edited:
EDM has always merged different styles, from disco influences in house, classical influences in trance etc, it keeps things fresh and interesting IMO :)

Anyways, my point is, Electro House is starting to use Dubstep as a type of "come-down" so to speak in a sense of, instead of using progressive build-ups and drop-downs throughout the track and not killing the crowd off with an emphasis on a strong crescendo, producers are incorporating Dubstep to cool the tracks down and keep the heat alive bringing into a much more vibrant level. Granted, a lot of people are taking the old Speed Garage concept and using those wobble-esk uses in Electro House as well which sounds amazing. I wanted to show off a couple of examples and see what you guys thought - to me this is the direction I'm going with my music and I think this is a very concrete style in the genre and will gradually take dominance to the industry as Deadmau5, Benny Benassi and even Kaskade are all using these ideas now...

yo...i am loving this thread. old vs new. lets keep it clean though ladies and gentlemen. i love this. i really do.

anyway, sounds to me like you need a foundation my man. you're going from hardstyle to house to dubstep. i would like to say i make progressive and electro house but i am still experimenting with the two. don't worry about making new styles. just make good of what's already out but with your spin on it. i mean hell house has been using chords since move your body came out in the 80s and guess what? chords are still the signature sound in house to date!

we still follow the same guidelines as our house music forefathers which aren't going anywhere because it works. four on the floor, percussive build, sweeps, automation, hpf, lpf, off beat drums, highs, and such, reverb, soulful singers. some styles of house are way different than the originals from the late, great 80s and early 90s, but they are still following the beat of the same kick drum. gotta have house! :sing:

Arthur_D's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Back