First song i produced by myself please just listen and leave some Feedback

pretty good stuff for a noobie. Im not a pro but here are my suggestions: I would probably cut down the length, there are certain regions taht dont have to loop for as long as they are. Remember that most people dont sit through 9 minutes of a song unless its truely captivating. The oscillating drone that starts at 1:02 is more suitable for transitional segments or to be used alot less for much shorter lengths, in other words i wouldn't use it continuously like that throughout the song. The synths that barge in are pretty good addition, the song definately invokes emotion, i get a Daft Punk vibe from it.

Last edited:
You show me your's, I'll show you mine, lol. That's all anyone cares about on these forums. Listen to tracks, because you want to, not because you just want someone to listen to yours.

VinteK

Last edited:
Nice idea. Reminds me of John Tejada's style. I like the use of the FM Style synth. I would pay a little more attention to the arrangements. Typically, you want to make your tracks dj friendly, which means you want to split your ideas into chunks of 8 - 16 or 32 bars. This gives a dj clues as to when to mix your track in or out of his/her set. As for the mix, you can make the track sound fatter with the use of verbs, delays and phasers. Nice work though and I'm no producer by any means. I only wish I could have gotten advice when I started at this some 8 years ago... Geez has it been that long ? lol Keep up the good work.

Lots of potential

Nice first song Jonas. :)

Things to improve:
1) First thing I noticed is that the kick has no punch. This could be with your sample. It can also be corrected with some mixing.
2) The clap is very dry. Generally, you always want reverb on your snare. Try a nice plate reverb.
3) They all sound like stock sounds. That's not always a bad thing at all, but once you get a little more experience you're going to want to learn how to tweak those synth settings.
4) When you have time, you should look up some mixing lessons online. There are tons of them. You may want to start with learning about compression and reverb... they are very straightforward. EQing is also very important to learn but it is also much harder to understand. (I know it took me a while to get it down.)

Good things:
1) I noticed a few dynamics that happened, like around 3 minutes.
2) You clearly have some musical knowledge, which is a step ahead of many people.
3) There spectrum has the potential to be very full! You've got the chords, the lead, the kick, the snare, the hithats/perucssion (Which are actually in a pretty cool patter), and the chords.
4) The left to right panning is great on the white noise/cymbal (whatever it is) at those few parts with it.

Conclusion: You've got some great potential as a producer if you stick with it. This sounds very similar to some of the stuff I was making when I first started. Yes, it's a little drawn out but that's not something to worry about right now. It sounds like this song was playing with lots of different sounds, settings and effects, which is EXACTLY what you should be doing to learn how it all works.

If you'd like to hear a song that I've done, you can listen to it in my signature.
Take note of the reverb on the snare and the punchyness of the kick.

Good luck!

Back