Dubstep pls

I was thinking of the broad term "Dubstep" haha oops. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to the original stuff like Skream, Benga and the other uk producers. I love that song and Timestretch by Bassnectar.

Since we're on the topic, I'd like to see some original dubstep videos myself since I'm not really familiar with the history either.

I was thinking of the broad term "Dubstep" haha oops. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to the original stuff like Skream, Benga and the other uk producers. I love that song and Timestretch by Bassnectar.

I used to listen lots of Skream tunes when I started producing, but now I'm like you, I need to be in the mood to listen to them.

As for brostep, I only listen to Skrillex, but also I need to be in the mood for him. Ok, maybe some Destroid and Borgore as well.

Hello there. I was thinking you were going for the more traditional dubstep sound circa 2009-2011 prior to Skrillex, but since you said you have to be in a certain mood for it, well I guess I should just...

Nah, eff it. Here you go. Hope you like these. lol
https://soundcloud.com/mistahnerfv1/skrillex-x-robyn-dancing-on-my-own-mistah-nerf-remix

https://soundcloud.com/mistahnerfv1/tritonal-ft-phoebe-ryan-now-or

New user here, btw. So hello guys! :)

Hello and welcome to FP!

Another newbie(ish)...

i tried to make an album of older sounding dubstep a year or two ago...lots of other influences though so not super authentic

Last edited:
Hmmm... dubstep you say?

Here is some skrillex dubstep (my fav track of his)

SKRILLEX - Rock N' Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) - YouTube

And some Skrillex approved dubstep from KOAN sound, who are signed on his label

KOAN Sound - Funk Blaster (Official Video) - YouTube

And some unrelated skrillexy dubstep:

Pathogenix - Vengeance - YouTube

And some dubstep made by DNB producers:

Noisia - Machine Gun (Official Video) - YouTube

Black Sun Empire Hyper Sun 1080p - YouTube

And some really deep, beautiful, old dubstep-influenced dubstep (probably technically not dubstep, but who cares)
burial - kindred - YouTube

and some dubstep made by me:

Does that cover everything? Probably ought to be some skream on there too, but I've never really gotten into his music.

Last edited:
Hmmm... dubstep you say?

Here is some skrillex dubstep (my fav track of his)

SKRILLEX - Rock N' Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) - YouTube
This isn't dubstep or brostep. Did you notice the 4-on-the-floor-kick pattern? It's a Electro house song. Skrillex doesn't produce only brostep. In fact, he has more Electro house songs than any othe style.

Have you ever hear the term "two-step drum and bass"? That's what Machine Gun is all about. Also, it's on 174bpm (drum and bass, anyone?). This one is a dubstep made by Noisia:

This isn't dubstep or brostep. Did you notice the 4-on-the-floor-kick pattern? It's a Electro house song. Skrillex doesn't produce only brostep. In fact, he has more Electro house songs than any othe style.

Have you ever hear the term "two-step drum and bass"? That's what Machine Gun is all about. Also, it's on 174bpm (drum and bass, anyone?). This one is a dubstep made by Noisia:

Who cares?
If the only difference between the two genres is the drum pattern and the tempo, they don't deserve to be called different genres.
If it's got a drop with epic bass in it, dubstep fans ought to be able to appreciate.

Last edited:
Who cares?
If the only difference between the two genres is the drum pattern and the tempo, they don't deserve to be called different genres.
If it's got a drop with epic bass in it, dubstep fans ought to be able to appreciate.

Now only, my man. Dnb heads also appreciate good bass drops, right? I believe house fans do as well.

Very true. I think it would be good to merge dnb and dubstep into one genre.

Well, let's take into consideration two names you've said in this thread: Noisia and Black Sun Empire. Both produce dnb and dubstep, but I don't think they merge those two styles in a single song. Or is it fully a dubstep song, like "Tommy's Theme" (Noisia) or "The 402" (BSE), or dnb songs with downtempo passages (which gives that dubstep-ish feel).

I think I'm gonna give a try on a future song, to make a 174bpm dnb tune turns into a 140bpm dubstep (probably old-school).

Back