Dubstep Chord Lead: What are they using?

Beats By Gambit

This is a shot in the dark. But I have a client who sent me some references for some tracks to make. Im fairly good at arranging Dubstep although Im more of a urban producer. My question is, what type of plugins/presets do they use for the in between chord leads in dupstep?
Example (Fairly poor one because it only comes in a second.)
Krewella - One Minute (HQ) - YouTube
(@1:04)

There will usually be a wobble which changes rates/speeds and then a chord lead or some type of crazy sound.
Any thoughts or input to get the creative process moving would be greatly appreciated!

Nowadays dubstep (or brostep, as we all know) uses lots of supersaw pads, borrowed from electro-house. Also, there are plenty of detuned sounds, that together creates those sick sounds you hear on commercial music.

we know you are a massive fan-girl but that does not mean that it is the answer to everything

do you know for a fact that krewela use massive in their production work????

Last edited:
no i wasnt saying krewella used it although i am aware thats what the question was and shit but next man posted some "suggestions" so i did too...i do love massive though still...and knowwwww u know this but not everybody knows this...i guess i could jst post a thread confessing my love for massive publicly once...then i wouldnt really have to ever mention it again lol.. ;)

in terms of an actual lead i think most would be classified as "Supersaws" "Hoovers" and "reese" basses/leads

you can make those types of sounds in any synth though really but thats what I think you are looking for, google/youtube those

I usually edit sounds from reFX Nexus when I want a lead in my songs, they have nice crisp quality from the very start, and it's not hard to puzzle together exactly what you want.

Back