Do you think that EDM is dead?

It's changing and evolving, much like any genre.

That said I can't see stuff like the hardwell set above lasting much longer. It'll come back in another format...

With the permanent closure of some large scale music festivals I think lots of people felt like EDM was dying but I was reading about the whole thing and it was because the owners of the festivals were spending a lot of money making the festivals as fun as possible for the patrons. There are still loads and loads of these festivals around and some of them are even off the radar... EDM will always be around because "EDM" is just a catch word for all forms of electronic music which have been around since the 70s/80s...

Think of your question like this: Will house, techno, electro, trance, trip-hop, IDM, Psy-Goa, chiptune, drum and bass, etc. die? It will never die.

A famous EDM artist's concert tickets are sold out in approximately... a day I guess?
So I don't know.

It's completely dead, that's the reason you hear an incredible amount of dance music influences in the top40 these days... Yes dead... lol /sarcasm

Considering the amount of house, future bass and trap songs on the radio....completely not for me. It will continues to evolve, simply because edm provides so much creativity to produce it!

The classic EDM is getting pretty boring and most of the tracks out there sound a bit similar to each other.

there's alot of great electronic music, but mainstream EDM is pretty shitty. There are lots of cool, obscure genres that are innovating

EDM will never die, just like rap has been around for 40 years! They keep saying it's dying too.

Like the original poster mentioned, it's evolving but it will never die!

Back