Do you think that EDM is dead?

I don't think EDM itself is head. I think it's moving away from house music and such to more future bass-y type stuff. It's also starting to take a lot of trap influence. Which EDM then influences pop music so I doubt it's dead.

I find myself avoiding new electronic and just listening to 90's & 00's electronic, and even some 80's Chicago-esque House.

It's just stale at the moment. You now have to search hard af for good music that forward thinks. Meanwhile the demand that was rushing in 11-12 for EDM music has calmed drastically, due to the "we,ve heard it all" complaint, and then people stopped listening to new music appearing after. Now in current day in my own opinion I think EDM, or Bass Music is really chasing it's own tail, in terms of creativity and inovation.

lolol EDM is FAAAAAR from dead. Id say its rivaling traditional organic music in popularity now a days even. every single year hundreds of thousands, even millions of people spend billions of dollars on edm festivals or shows. ITS. FREAKING. HUGE.

Back