did Martin garrix and afrojack steal his drop

No, it is just a coincidence. Many people come up with similar ideas. People come up with sounds and techniques years before they release them. Some people are just able to gain more popularity from these things before others.

The whole of music is just people stealing each others ideas. It's mostly very evolutionary, rather than revolutionary.

It has a lot of similarities.

Either they've stolen it just like that.
Or they've heard it sometime and then forgotten about it, then a while later coming up with "this awesome new idea" for a track and produced it, not realizing they're almost ripping off another track (this has happened to most of us I bet).

It wouldn't surprise me if legal action was be taken towards Afrojack and Martin Garrix.

Yeah, I'd say coincidence.
But they definitely sound alike.

Drops are pretty hard to keep unique and original. Drops sounding alike is bound to happen I guess.

I agree with the last comment, I think the main house progressive-house has peaked in the recent year everything does frankly sound quite similar. For this case, unfortunately I don't think Garrix 'stole' his drop...like everyone pointed out - probably a coincidence.

ZZ

whats with the obssesion people have with drops dayum son
snaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnare.......... *some lyrics* pwah pwah pwah pipipipi pwwahhhhhh

Do you have any idea how many songs have similar sounding drops lol there's not much else to a drop other than rising and falling automation with some white noise sweeping and what fella above said xD

Songs these days are kinda similar each other,every song turns on same way,same theme,everything.That's the thing that I don't like.

Back