Deadmau5 Saw Pad ( TOPIC SECRET )

Jones1107

I've been looking all over YouTube how to creat a saw pad synth. There are like 3 vids but when I match there ES2 setting it doesn't sound the same. I think they are full of shit and don't want to teach people how to make the popular synth. Does anyone know how to make a Saw Pad Synth ( not a SUPERSAWPAD ) . Does it had to do with the Busing or the frequency. ????? HELP. Here a example video Logic 9 tutorial 04: creating basic Saw Pad in ES2 - YouTube.

Also I've been working my way around using the sound.
We Are The One by ProducerSamJ on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Unless I'm missing something then these type of trance pads are very simple to create.

You need a synth with multiple oscillators (ES2 is fine) with each oscillator set to saw wave. It may prove prudent to have one an octave lower, and potentially one an octave higher if you're going for that kind of sound.

You'll want to detune the oscillators slightly. The more you detune the wider the sound will be, but the sound in the first YouTube video you posted isn't massively detuned.

You'll want to turn up the attack and release envelopes to give it that softly-faded kind of sound.

Outside of the synth use plenty of reverb, potentially some delay, a stereo imager and if you want to mimic the video then use a light flanger. Alternatively use a chorus effect.

EQ wise you'll want to roll off the bottom end and some of the top so it's not too piercing. I always remove the low-mid frequencies as they're just not needed for this part imo.

You'll need a low-pass filter to fade the sound in and out. This can be done on the synth or via an external plugin.

Hope this helps!

have you tried to EQ it maybe? cut out some low or unwated frequencies?...or maybe its just your speakers? idk. saw pads are pretty simple to make tho, just keep workin and learning new things about your synth, itll get there

Back