Broadening My Horizions toward house

Forget Sasha, Tiesto, and all those fake ass artist in it for the glory. You want to hear some good deep house check out this label http://datos.stereo-productions.com/inicio.htm
one of the best labels in Spain. This are the guys that created the undisputed Iberican sounds.
I mean for real ppl dont you get a nasty feeling in your through when you say Tiesto? To me it feels like I just ate 1/2 lb of sugar non-stop and have to throw up. As for Sasha, yes the guy is very skilled but he has no clue wtf he likes. One day he is doing trance, the other progressive house, the other tribal, etc. I dont care if he likes it all, if you want to be respected you have to do something and do it well, not go around doing everything alright.

Last edited:
fabriciom said:
As for Sasha, yes the guy is very skilled but he has no clue wtf he likes. One day he is doing trance, the other progressive house, the other tribal, etc. I dont care if he likes it all, if you want to be respected you have to do something and do it well, not go around doing everything alright.

I know what your saying, but IMO theres not a great deal of difference between progressive house and say, trance. The production values and techniques are the same etc. Why not do both? The only reason all these different subgenres are around is to help the music press pigeon-hole everthing. Unfortunately some DJ's and punters then start to believe that the genres shouldn't be mixed and that you HAVE to choose your alliegence.

Again this is my opinion but, doesn't this just restrict you from hearing a lot of good tunes?

Plus I would get very bored if every track I made or played sounded the same, and if i was listening to a DJ that was like that I would probably leave the club and go to a nearby drum and Bass venue.

Rwafish said:

I know what your saying, but IMO theres not a great deal of difference between progressive house and say, trance. The production values and techniques are the same etc. Why not do both? The only reason all these different subgenres are around is to help the music press pigeon-hole everthing. Unfortunately some DJ's and punters then start to believe that the genres shouldn't be mixed and that you HAVE to choose your alliegence.

Again this is my opinion but, doesn't this just restrict you from hearing a lot of good tunes?

Plus I would get very bored if every track I made or played sounded the same, and if i was listening to a DJ that was like that I would probably leave the club and go to a nearby drum and Bass venue.

And yes there is a difference between progressive house and trance. Only because they both progress does not mean they are the same. I do not consider progressive house someone who slaps a house base to a cheesy trance song.
Why not both because some people do not like trance (like me) I dont like those cheesy build ups and out of control explotions. Yes I like songs with build ups and explotions but I dont want EVERY single one doing it. Sounds like people now trying to use 303 still. I mean come on that **** is so over done its sickening...

You know what I really think is the difference between house and trance. Trance is about the build-up and the explotion and house is more about a kick ass loop. A look that is so ****ing kick ass that you can listen to it over and over for 10 minutes and still like it.

Last edited:
fabriciom said:
"not a great deal of difference between progressive house and say, trance."

precisely, i stand by what i said and if read in context you can understand. IE The production techniques used to produce these sounds, that includes techno, tribal, house, progressive, little green mouse house etc are the same.

Back in the day, the Balearic sounds were nowhere near as narrow-minded as they are today. I spent recently seven months in Ibiza and every day i would here the same tunes in the supermarket, in restaurants, in bars and in clubs (trance-and yes i agree its pretty ****) if you went to two different nights with two different DJ's you could not tell the difference, it was all very boring and predicable.

I agree with what Xab is doing, broaden your horizons, especially as a producer, because you can always learn by implementing different styles.

Rwafish said:

precisely, i stand by what i said and if read in context you can understand. IE The production techniques used to produce these sounds, that includes techno, tribal, house, progressive, little green mouse house etc are the same.

Back in the day, the Balearic sounds were nowhere near as narrow-minded as they are today. I spent recently seven months in Ibiza and every day i would here the same tunes in the supermarket, in restaurants, in bars and in clubs (trance-and yes i agree its pretty ****) if you went to two different nights with two different DJ's you could not tell the difference, it was all very boring and predicable.

I agree with what Xab is doing, broaden your horizons, especially as a producer, because you can always learn by implementing different styles.

And I think there is a big difference between trance and house at least 10 BPM.
Balearic sounds? The only place there are clubs in the Balearic Islands is in Ibiza. Unless you are refering to Cafe del Mar type chill out music...

Trance in Ibiza? I highly doubt that. When was the last time Tiesto or Oakenfold performed in Ibiza? LOL! **** I've been living in Madrid for the past 5 years and I think Tiesto has stopped by once...

Last edited:
"Sounds like people now trying to use 303 still."

I'd use a 303 if I could afford one.

Neat TB-303 trick, one I've heard multiple times but never confirmed: Take the batteries out and wait a couple days. The 303 will randomly reprogram your bassline. Perfect for that bleepy-bubblicious-bass Acid House sound.

teddy rockspin said:
"Sounds like people now trying to use 303 still."

I'd use a 303 if I could afford one.

Neat TB-303 trick, one I've heard multiple times but never confirmed: Take the batteries out and wait a couple days. The 303 will randomly reprogram your bassline. Perfect for that bleepy-bubblicious-bass Acid House sound.

Thats nice, why dont you do us all a favor and do what propellerhead has done. Retire the 303 buddy ;)

Rwafish said:
exactly Im looking for inspiration in a sense. I still plan to make hip hop but I want to give my sound a sort of rebirth.

Xabiton said:
exactly Im looking for inspiration in a sense. I still plan to make hip hop but I want to give my sound a sort of rebirth.

Absynth 3
Spectrasonics Atmosphere
Is what your looking for...

Xabiton said:

Not a bad dea, this is how "subgenres" get niched in the first place alot of times. Hybridizing sounds, people taking elements of ths and that and that and mashing them all up. Inspiriation is good no matter where it comes from... roll on X man.

reason is one of the best programs to lay down house house. but when you get down to it...house is so universal, you can use fruity loops to make it (sorry to the Fruity fans...)

get the four on four going...

rstar said:
reason is one of the best programs to lay down house house. but when you get down to it...house is so universal, you can use fruity loops to make it (sorry to the Fruity fans...)

get the four on four going...

Never herd any "Pro" making serous tunes on FL or Reason. Also I have yet to see any plug-ins that beats Pro Tools in Mastering. Also because you can wip-out a nice beat or a nice little ditty on each of this programs it does not mean you can turn than into a complete song. You need alot more synth, samples, effects, etc. which niether of them provide.

Last edited:
fabriciom said:

Never herd any "Pro" making serous tunes on FL or Reason. Also I have yet to see any plug-ins that beats Pro Tools in Mastering. Also because you can wip-out a nice beat or a nice little ditty on each of this programs it does not mean you can turn than into a complete song. You need alot more synth, samples, effects, etc. which niether of them provide.
depends on how u look at it. im not sure for electronic music but in hip hop there are a few people who use either program. but software is still relatively new its gonna take some of the more stubborn individuals more time to accept it

actually, despite my making fun of fruity loops...Nine inch nails preps some of their loops in fruity loops. As far as reason goes, tons of professional musicians use it. It all depends on your level of knowledge with music and the resources. I've produced tracks worthy of professional quality in reason with cubase...so you cant say that nothing good comes from them...

Back