The best genre is:

trash metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthrax will blow your *** with "Indians"...
yeah, I used to listen lot's of trash metal, death metal, grind core, speed metal...but never liked heavy metal. yuck.
I really liked german band Kreator. trash your ***.
Napalm Death - brutalllll
Death also rocked back in 1990. yeah!!

The more brutal, faster, the better. that was back in 1990-91.

well now I'm all gentle and I listen only to sweet pop music:bat:

Death were awesome! Their album 'Human' was like my no. 1 album in 7th grade (before I got tired of guitar solos, blastbeats and double kicks and discovered Otis Redding).

uhhh are we forgetting a little something called:

MEATLOAF

i would do anything for love, but i wont do that

i bet the 'that' is stop eating :D

well intrixxxisy looks like I have to start a genre bashing:

I'd say: dnb in general...

because of its fast broken beats and its ill basslines :)

such bull****, mindblunt. house music is a lot more than that. lush repetitive beats, boring disco basslines and (what?) gay vocals??? you obviously haven't listened to much house music, which is the problem I guess. my guess is you've listened to an Erick Morillo CD and then based your judgement solely on that. You sound like my dad when he hears any music made after 1975 - 'It all sounds the same'.

I could lower myself to that same level and say about drum&bass: "it's just fuzzy breakbeats that you can't dance to, farting noises and braindead MC'ing". But I'm not going to that, because it ain't the truth. It's just a matter of preference and there are so many sub-genres in house music so you can't dismiss it all as the same thing.

I think noone should say "this genre is stupid"... just because the genre doesnt please you. All this does is create conflicts and fights.... and who likes fights and conflicts?

It's funny the same thing happened to ALL the "best genre?" threads. Sad!

yeah, if you're fond of lush repetetive beats, boring disco basslines and gay vocals...

Mindblunt, that is just sooooooooooooooooooo narrow minded. You start flame wars that way...or is that what you want????

I don't really give a toss whether you like house or not, but I don't want to be told what is or isn't good - I can sort that out for myself thank you :)

Russ

hahaha mattu it's funny how I can raise trouble by stating some silly remarks... yeah I'm boreeeeed at work... I don't like house, but I respect it...

see, in *my* oppinion the steady 4tothefloor beat sounds lush.

lemme shed some light on my thoughts:

by *lush* I mean:

• slow tempo (although uk garage & breaks got some nice ***-shake-combo tempo)
  • disco influences: there's good ol' BONNY M (now that's good stuff!): Ma baker, etc... who needs a revival?
  • vocoders: *overused, yawn*
  • 4tothefloor: ok with reggea, but still, my grandmother's lps (swiss folk songs) got the same beat! it's like... boom boom boom boom and gets me a headache
  • and so on
    [/list=a]

folks don't take it SERIOUSLY :)

beauty is defined within the eye of the beholder

why the fruit is this thread even still going, its ***-tarded, and in possible to change anyones mind. every one thinks the other is a moron for liking another genres you just end up looking like an ignorent fool yourself. thats my take on it

Back