Any Bonobo fans

s.singh

www.mellowdeep.com
Think Bonobo is a massively underrated producer...his music is so deep/atmospheric/emotional, absolutely love unwinding to his stuff or having it playing on a long drive at night...his tracks inspire me so thought I'd share and see if there's any other fans about.

Don't really know how to explain it, a blend of hiphop/triphop/soul/jazz/funk, with a blend of samples and live instrumentation - few of my favourites below.

ima huge fan of his music and uniqueness! he is amazing producer, nothing gives me such a postive wibe and eargasm in the evening like his music :)
im glad you that i found a person who feels the same =]

He's great! The first song I ever heard with him was Kiara, and I got hooked on it directly.
Perfect music to sit at home and lock out the world a chill evening, especially the album Black Sands.

just when I'd lost hope on this thread...but yeah the guys amazing - gutted I missed out on the chance to see him live last year from the clips I've seen on youtube it looks pretty cool.
I remember hearing the track Kota on an MOS chillout album years ago then totally forgot about him, if I'm being honest I remembered him because his musics featured in Sleeping Dogs. Black Sands is a personal classic of mine, every track is amazing.

I'm a long time fan. Been a fan since Days To Come in 2007, and I've bought every album since. Seen him twice live. The man has a talent for music that I just don't possess, it's so annoying.
My current favourite from his last album has to be Don't Wait

Very understimated band, they really are one of a kind. Genious producer! I Love his music!

It's one guy. He hires a band to play some of the instrumentation for his live performances, but Bonobo is not a band at all.

black sands is such a great album, though its the only one of his that I've heard, admittedly. what other albums would you recommend by him?

I think he has a lot of fans, but the music he does is just not what the masses listen to. It's like James Blake or anyone of a more downtempo like sound. They have fans, but a more diverse audience then the average edm producer. Someone like Tiesto may have a lot of the same fans as Above and Beyond or someother edm dude, but I know James Blake and Bonobo have fans from all genres of electronic from deep house guys, hip hop guys, and all of that, and they go across genres. I think it is more spread out.

For underrated though I'd go with a guy like shlohmo maybe?

Back