Whats the best to make Reggaeton Beats??

SlowJoe

Ok i have a iMac G5 so please dont tell me fruity loops...I am using reason right now but i need more swing to my beats. I am thinking of a Keyboard/Workstation or an MPC i am def thinking of getting the MPC1000 and use it with Pro tools and reason...

So let me know what yall think..

Thanks for your time!

Joe

Well Well

Like I've said b4, I've been making reggaeton beats for many years and I can tell you FruityLoops is not only industry standard for reggaeton but it is the best for making reggaeton beats.

B4 you get mad, though, I'm very open minded and I've used reason for a long time as well and I think they are both great programs that work differently but both make great music. Usually I used reason to cook up hip hop but I've also made some nice bumpin reggaeton beats. Like you said sir, in reason you need an mpc or a midi controller to achieve greatness. Also don't use the REDRUM automation in Reason for reggaeton, use the str8 sequencer and add and take away some notes or hits every 4 bars or so. Also be careful where you quantize notes, reggaeton has lots of offbeats.

Let me know if you have any more question.

Also I made a standard ReDrum Patch for reggaeton if anybody needs it.

M05TRo "no te me asustes"

Don't know what version of Reason you have, but version 4 has something called the ReGroove mixer, and it REALLY helps you add more groove to your tracks if that's what you're after (and want to stick to Reason).

m05tr0 said:
Like I've said b4, I've been making reggaeton beats for many years and I can tell you FruityLoops is not only industry standard for reggaeton but it is the best for making reggaeton beats.

B4 you get mad, though, I'm very open minded and I've used reason for a long time as well and I think they are both great programs that work differently but both make great music. Usually I used reason to cook up hip hop but I've also made some nice bumpin reggaeton beats. Like you said sir, in reason you need an mpc or a midi controller to achieve greatness. Also don't use the REDRUM automation in Reason for reggaeton, use the str8 sequencer and add and take away some notes or hits every 4 bars or so. Also be careful where you quantize notes, reggaeton has lots of offbeats.

Really? I've been using FL6 for about a year, I'm curious if you could point me to a tutorial or had any good pointers? I really like dancehall and the reggaeton vibe and would be interested in giving it a shot...

yo whats up im using reason record for reggaeton house dancehall .. ect.... so i wan it to know if u have some bass reffils for reggaeton or samples ?? what do u recoomend me to use ?? can i get your patch of reggaeton samples for the redrum ?? i have alot of refills to so if u up to exchange some demo or some like that let me know please.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

yo whats up im using reason record for reggaeton house dancehall .. ect.... so i wan it to know if u have some bass reffils for reggaeton or samples ?? what do u recoomend me to use ?? can i get your patch of reggaeton samples for the redrum ?? i have alot of refills to so if u up to exchange some demo or some like that let me know please.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I use Reason also its cool but INDUSTRY STANDARD in reggaeton is FL STUDIO so get with it as may have said im open minded as well,but i have worked in many pro reggaeton producing studios (which im not gonna get into now)they all use FL Studio.Now the BEST peice of pro reggaeton harware u can purchase is in fact a Motif ,Preferably ES if not XS...bro if u need help getting up on it ,i would be more than happy to guide u in the right direction : hit me up : kartunez_beatz@hotmail.com

I make all of my Dancehall, Reggae, & Reggaeton Beats on The Maschine. Go to my site and check out some of my tracks entitled Be My Love, #1Murder, and TriniQueen. Native Instruements is a European based company so logically they cater to that Euro/International sound, but with the 1.6 upgrade your options are limitless with most supported interfaces.

Find BeatsByJule on Soundclick

Just use logic. It has a very nice sampler built in it called the exs24. Get all of the samples that you need put it on one bank save it and then yer ready to go. You can either play it on a keyboard or play it on the virtual keyboard in logic. You can also step program with it.

Not for nothing , you can use The mpc and start making heat. Its quick fast and easy to learn . Remember its comes down to your vibes.. you can the best equipement on the world but if you dont have have vibes it will be an uphill battle.. Outbreak Productions

Back