Top Ten Classic Reggae/dancehall Sounds!

R

Rebellion

List your top ten classic tunes dem! Me wan hear 'bout tune like Ring the Alarm
Who am I
Marleys' No 'oman no cry
Ninjas Legalize
an nuff Shabba

Peace

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

"16 years old" Jr Tucker
"M-16" Sammy Dread
"Murderer" B Levy
"Leggo Mi hand" Yellowman
"Arleen" General Echo
"Rough & Rugged" Shinehead
"Boops" Supercat
"Chase Vampire" Sancho
"My Woman" B. Levy
"I'm still waiting" D. Brown

I can't put these in order, but here it goes

Michigan and Smiley - Deseases
Michael Profit - Gunman
Papa Levy - Mi God Mi King
Nitty Gritty - Sweet Reggae playing?
Dennis Brown - Promise Land
Little John - Clarkes Bootie
Early B. - One Wheel Wheeley
Shabba - Needle Eye Pum Pum
Feddy Magregor - Big Ship
Beres Hammond - One Dance

NO order

Rockaway- Beres Hammond
Murder She Wrote- Shaka Demus & Pliers
Ganga Lee- Louie Culture
A1 Lover- Spragga Benz
Talk of The Town- (Can't remember the artist right now)
Dolly My Baby- Super Cat
Golden Hen- Tennor Saw
Champion Lover- Shabba Ranks
Flex- Buju Banton
Want Da Agony- (Can't remember the artist right now)

:cheers:

waz crackin yall,I know this is a lil off topic,but could any of yall tell me the name of the song where Sista Nancy got the riddim for her version of bam bam,I thought it was a Barrington Levy song but I dont know the name,thanks in advance,PEASKY:cheers:

The riddim used for "BAM BAM" as well as countless other hit records is the "STALAG" riddim often mis-pronounced by artist and soundmen worldwide as the "STAGALAG".....

hmmm... narrowing that down to ten is hard but here are some that should be in everyone's oldies box:

70s early 80s vibes:
Freddie McGregor "Push Comes To Shove" & "Big Ship"
Nigger Kojack - "Green Bay Killing"
Gregory Isaacs - "Night Nurse"
Althea & Donna - "Uptown Top Ranking"
Trinity - "Three Piece Suit"
Michigan & Smiley - "Nice Up The Dance", "Rub A Dub Style", "Diseases" & "One Love Jam Down"
Yellowman - "I'm Getting Married", "Zungazungazungazeng", "Operation Radication" & "Mr Chin"
Early B - "One Wheel Wheelie"
Barrington Levy - "Here I Come", "Under Mi Sensi" & "Murderer"
Dennis Brown - "Here I Come (Love& Hate)", "Revolution", "To The Foundation" & "Your Love Has Got A Hold On Me"
Lady Ann - "Informer"
Gods Children Band - "Wicked Run Away"
Errol Scorcher - "Roach In The Corner"
General Echo - "Arleen"
Tenor Saw - "Ring The Alarm", "Golden Hen" & "Lots Of Sign"
Nitty Gritty - "Good Morning Teacher"
Josey Wales - "Gateman"

ok i could go on for another 100 or so but i'll stop there for now :D

respect to who said Sammy Dread "M16" that is a murda tune!

NAME TEN.....ARE YOU CRAZY!!

YOU CAN'T JUST NAME 10.......HERE ARE A FEW

SHABBA RANKS-TING A LING
SHABBA RANKS- DEM BOW
BEENIE MAN- PRESS BUTTON
BEENIE MAN- MOBSTER
JUNIOR REID- ALL FRUITS RIPE
JUNIOR REID-ONE BLOOD
PINCHERS-BANDELRO
PINCHERS- AGONY
BOUNTY KILLER- SPY FI DIE
BOUNTY KILLER- LODGE
SPRAGGA BENZ- COULDA DEAL
SPRAGGA BENZ- JUMP UP AND SWEAR
BUJU BANTON- BATTY RIDER
BUJU BANTON- DICKIE
TENOR SAW- LOTS OF SIGNS
TENOR SAW- ROLL CALL
TIGER- NO WANGA GUT
TIGER- PUPPY LOVE
PAN HEAD- PUNNY PRINTER
SINGING SWEET- DONNA
BABY WAYNE -MAMA
LIKKLE LENNY- GUN INNA BAGGY

me love,

BEENIE MAN-OLE DOG.
BUJU BANTON-THE FULL HAS NEVER BEEN TOLD.
JUNIOR REID-ONE LOVE
JR. GONG feat CAPELTON and SIZZLA-IT WAS WRITTEN
BOUNTY KILLA FEAT T.O.K-I FORGOT NAME
WARD 21-JUDGEMENT DAY
WARD 21-BLOODSTAIN
SISTER NANCY-WHAT A BUM BUM
ELEPHANT MAN-ONLINE
PASTOR ROUNDHEAD-TORTURE <----THE GREATEST SONG...

WAAYYYYY TO MANY MORE TO NAME.

all of the above mentioned songs plus
half pint- sally
musical youth- pass the dutchie
shinehead- golden touch
ghost- bodyguard, believe
marcia griffiths- fire burning
jc- telephone love
shelly thunder- cuff
anthony b- raid de barn
beres- no disturb sign
everton blender- ghetto people song
ini kamozi- hot stepper (not the over played hip hop version the reggae version)
wayne wonder - saddest day and every other song on that riddim
buju banton- hills and valleys
and anything on the sail away riddim ie.. bad man no flee beanie man and mr vegas
i know thats more than 10 but there was and still is so much good reggae!!

There's a song by Papa Levi but I can't remember the name. He dj's really fast in it and then say "Pupa Levi pon di version". Then there is the song that goes "So mi go dung a di river an mi ketch 2 fish/ 2 a dem a jack and 2 a dem a turbit/ carry dem go to mama an' she put dem inna dish/ Mama say son youh know yuh fantastic/ So she gimmie $20 fi go dung a market/Mi buy punkin, tomato and garlic........." What's the name of that one?

Yo Mr Curlz- the one by Papa Levi is called "Mi God Mi King". That song is over 20 years old but still sound good to this day. Papa levi was one of the wickidest DJ ever and the rest of the Saxon Hi fi Crew from the early 80's were all just as good. Man like TipPa Irie, Daddy Colonel, Sandy, Rusty and Maxi Preist.

Don't remember the name of the other one but I do remember the lyrics.

Mr.Curlz said:
There's a song by Papa Levi but I can't remember the name. He dj's really fast in it and then say "Pupa Levi pon di version". Then there is the song that goes "So mi go dung a di river an mi ketch 2 fish/ 2 a dem a jack and 2 a dem a turbit/ carry dem go to mama an' she put dem inna dish/ Mama say son youh know yuh fantastic/ So she gimmie $20 fi go dung a market/Mi buy punkin, tomato and garlic........." What's the name of that one?

that kinda sounds like a Joseph Cotton tune- you sure it is Papa Levi? I wanna say "Things Running Slow" but I don't have the record here to listen to right now.

I know those lyrics too... that is like late 80s right?

Yo Mr Curlz- the one by Papa Levi is called "Mi God Mi King". That song is over 20 years old but still sound good to this day

Yeah that's it. Respect for the info.

that kinda sounds like a Joseph Cotton tune- you sure it is Papa Levi? I wanna say "Things Running Slow" but I don't have the record here to listen to right now.

I never heard of Joseph Cotton. Maybe he did the second one I was talking about. Yeah it was around '86-'89.

Mr.Curlz said:

Yeah that's it. Respect for the info.

I never heard of Joseph Cotton. Maybe he did the second one I was talking about. Yeah it was around '86-'89.

he did a few popular tunes- "things running slow" and "no touch di style" which went "she gimme rice and peas and some broadbeans too, then me gi her carrot juice mek sweet special brew, she bun up di rice and junk di callaloo, what i am doing with a woman like sue, a woman like who, a woman like sue... nuh touch di style, do nuh touch di style" both tunes were big in that period.

tenor saw-ring the alarm
sister nancy -bam bam
shabba ranks-roots and culture
bob marley- no woman, no cry
barrington levy-here I come,
buju banton- stamina daddy
supercat- ghetto red hot
deborah glasglow- dont test me
lady g-nuff respectt
eek a mouse-wah do dem

does anyone one have DADDY FREDDY"HAUL AND PAUL ' BOBBY KONDERS REMIX ON CD or mp3 holla at me please......i 'm looking for some bobby konders reggae remixes for the early 90's:sing:

Tonto Irie - Every Posse Come In

Back