Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Ten Classic Reggae/dancehall Sounds!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    There's a song by Papa Levi but I can't remember the name. He dj's really fast in it and then say "Pupa Levi pon di version". Then there is the song that goes "So mi go dung a di river an mi ketch 2 fish/ 2 a dem a jack and 2 a dem a turbit/ carry dem go to mama an' she put dem inna dish/ Mama say son youh know yuh fantastic/ So she gimmie $20 fi go dung a market/Mi buy punkin, tomato and garlic........." What's the name of that one?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Curlz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yo Mr Curlz- the one by Papa Levi is called "Mi God Mi King". That song is over 20 years old but still sound good to this day. Papa levi was one of the wickidest DJ ever and the rest of the Saxon Hi fi Crew from the early 80's were all just as good. Man like TipPa Irie, Daddy Colonel, Sandy, Rusty and Maxi Preist.

Don't remember the name of the other one but I do remember the lyrics.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Mr.Curlz
    There's a song by Papa Levi but I can't remember the name. He dj's really fast in it and then say "Pupa Levi pon di version". Then there is the song that goes "So mi go dung a di river an mi ketch 2 fish/ 2 a dem a jack and 2 a dem a turbit/ carry dem go to mama an' she put dem inna dish/ Mama say son youh know yuh fantastic/ So she gimmie $20 fi go dung a market/Mi buy punkin, tomato and garlic........." What's the name of that one?
    that kinda sounds like a Joseph Cotton tune- you sure it is Papa Levi? I wanna say "Things Running Slow" but I don't have the record here to listen to right now.

I know those lyrics too... that is like late 80s right?

Thanks
    Yo Mr Curlz- the one by Papa Levi is called "Mi God Mi King". That song is over 20 years old but still sound good to this day
    Yeah that's it. Respect for the info.

that kinda sounds like a Joseph Cotton tune- you sure it is Papa Levi? I wanna say "Things Running Slow" but I don't have the record here to listen to right now.
    I never heard of Joseph Cotton. Maybe he did the second one I was talking about. Yeah it was around '86-'89.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Mr.Curlz

Yeah that's it. Respect for the info.

I never heard of Joseph Cotton. Maybe he did the second one I was talking about. Yeah it was around '86-'89.
    he did a few popular tunes- "things running slow" and "no touch di style" which went "she gimme rice and peas and some broadbeans too, then me gi her carrot juice mek sweet special brew, she bun up di rice and junk di callaloo, what i am doing with a woman like sue, a woman like who, a woman like sue... nuh touch di style, do nuh touch di style" both tunes were big in that period.

Thanks
    nuh touch di style, do nuh touch di style
    Rhatid,

Yuh know how long mi nuh hear dat? Memories.

Thanks
    tenor saw-ring the alarm
    sister nancy -bam bam
    shabba ranks-roots and culture
    bob marley- no woman, no cry
    barrington levy-here I come,
    buju banton- stamina daddy
    supercat- ghetto red hot
    deborah glasglow- dont test me
    lady g-nuff respectt
    eek a mouse-wah do dem

does anyone one have DADDY FREDDY"HAUL AND PAUL ' BOBBY KONDERS REMIX ON CD or mp3 holla at me please......i 'm looking for some bobby konders reggae remixes for the early 90's

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Curlz View Post

Tonto Irie - Every Posse Come In

Thread Information