Reggae/dubstep ??

I am told more traditional dubstep, not "brostep" as some call it is reggae influenced but I am not enitrely sure.

There is a guy named Liquid Stranger he has a few albums that seem very hiphop/reggae influenced.

The Arcane Terrain, The Intergalactic Slapstick, and The Invisible Conquest sort of have chill reggae vibes as well as drumming/synth patterns that mirror reggae. Grab you a bowl and give them a listen, they are all on spotify, they probably fall more in the realm of tradional dubstep, even if his new stuff are pretty much all straight bangers, which odly enough he has still created his own niche out of. Good producer check him out.

Some dubstep artists (or at least brostip) may try to pass of of reggae influenced by having a Jamacain Guy rap, sing, or hype in the background but if others element of reggae are absent I think that can be disregarded completely. I am pretty sure a few bassnectar songs do this lol.

Note: I should note I am not bashing on "brostep" I simply use the term to divide the line between traditional dubstep and more ..err...modern day stuff I guess.

Last edited:
Back