Modern Dancehall VSTs?

supra17

What are some of the vsts used in modern dancehall production? in terms of style i mean the styles of Di genius, chimney records etc. the bass, the stabbing strings and synths.

Thanks in advanced.

Di genius has a open labs rig so idk if he has any other hardware or what vsts he uses. I saw a video of him in his studio on youtube and I think he has a Niko(sp?) But they didn't show the screen. I could imagine refx nexus and things along those lines as far as synths. ReggaetonBass is a good bass vst and I had another one but idk the name off the top of my head

You gonna want instruments such as piano, violin, other strings, prolly bass guitar, some synthesizers. Depending on your style your gonna either focus on more synthesized sounds or more orchestral sounds.

u can use any sound you like as long as it has the groove for a dance beat ittl work. just dont get too much into minor chords so it dont sound like a war riddim.

What are some of the vsts used in modern dancehall production? in terms of style i mean the styles of Di genius, chimney records etc. the bass, the stabbing strings and synths.

Thanks in advanced.

Most of these guys use Fruity VST's for some of their work (Chimney Records's Sex Appeal riddim has the FL Sawer for the lead string synth), DJ Frass's Gully Bomb Riddim has a Nexus dance lead as well. Dancehall music as it is today is dominated by VST-happy programs.

In Jamaica, ProTools is mainly used for vocal recording and editing, not many use it for composing (though it is quite a capable program).

Regularly used VST's used in dancehall are:
- Nexus
- Vanguard
- SonikSynth
- GTS 44 (this one's a free VST, but i do hear some of its presets from time to time in popular dancehall tracks.
- Miroslav Philharmonik (This one's REAL big, probably bigger than Nexus)
and the list goes on.

I know this is a dancehall related thread but can anyone tell me where I can get my hands on a nice well sampled highly usable reggae drum kit like u hear on some bob marley, gregory issac, peter tosh, steel pluse etc.....

Eezzy bfd and east west have great sounding drums that should allow you to do whatever you need... Supra!! I don't think it really matters what any single producer in JA is using right now...some are using logic, some are using FL some are using Open Labs and since it's a new year there's some next thing about to come out...I think that you just gotta squeeze whatever you can out of yer rig, and when you get a chance to upgrade or get some new plugin's get the best quality best sounding tools you can buy...then use those tools to make the music and fit the format....You need to have a unique sound that still sounds right.

south beach diet recipes

Hello, I just made a new community and I find this very useful.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Hello, I just made a new community and I find this very useful.

link wheel service

I simply passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Back