I-Octane to close Reggae Sumfest Dancehall Night

S

stingjamaica

Dancehall sensation I-Octane will, for the first time, bring down the curtain on Reggae Sumfest Dancehall Night on Thursday, July 25.
On confirming the news, Johnny Gourzong, Summerfest Productions executive director, said, "Reggae Sumfest 2013 is shaping up to be another year filled with great music and lots of surprises."
I-Octane's performance has been enjoyed by patrons of the festival for three years and his popularity has catapulted him from featured performer to headliner. So his full performance, unencumbered by time constraints, will be unleashed on the crowd to close out a night loaded with remarkable performers.
"Patrons will get a proper performance. I always try to do my best to give a proper performance. My destiny is to contribute to music from a great perspective," I-Octane said.
I-Octane recalls his first time performing on the Reggae Sumfest stage, opening the show with five persons in the venue. He then gradually worked his way up to appearing later on the festival to become a middle-order artiste with his greatest experience in 2011, when he delivered a set that surpassed the expectations of the Reggae Sumfest crowd.
"For my first performance, I was not looking at it from a crowd perspective. I was looking at it that I was a young youth from off the road getting the opportunity to even open a show like Sumfest," he said.
Part of I-Octane's strategy is not to give fans hints at what to expect, but sources close to his camp have revealed that since this is his first time closing the greatest reggae show on earth, he is going out of his way to deliver the ultimate Sumfest performance.
"This will not be just a 2:30 performance for me. I am coming with a different perspective this year. It is not an ego thing for me anymore. This year will be more like bringing down the curtains in one harmony and unity," stated I-Octane.
Starting out as a noisy little boy in high school, constantly belting out tunes, I-Octane has worked with his management team, Khool International, to propel himself to becoming one of dancehall's greats, while maintaining his appeal on the entertainment scene with singles like Lose a Friend, L.O.V.E Y.O.U and recent hit single, Gyal A Gi Me Bun

Back