Favorite 80's sound system with DJ's- no dubplate sound.

BOOMSHAK

OK, this forum is getting boring, so here is a poll for the older heads on this forum. No Dubplate sounds - No stonelove or Body Guards Please. Just Original Dancehall sounds with a Crew of DJ's.

My favorite Sounds from the 80's is Killamanjaro. (still going strong) Throughout the 80's, Jaro had some of the wickedest DJ's. Super cat , Early B. and Jim Kelly in the early 80's to Ninja Man, Hammer Mouth and Junior Cat in the mid to late 80"s.

Other condenders:

Saxon hi fi - out of London with Papa Levy, Tippa Irie and Daddy Colonel.

King Jammies- Admiral Bailey, Chaka Demus, Tonto Irie, Shabba, Major Worries and many more.

Stereo One - LT Stitchie, Daddy Blue, Wolfman and Rickie stereo and chuck turner

Metro Media - Peter Metro, Danny Dread, Tonto Metro and Jah Life

Post Your's

Saxon hi fi - out of London with Papa Levy, Tippa Irie and Daddy Colonel.

Im feeling this. I think also Smiley Culture was in this camp. I was young at the time but I remember the elders kicking out the mixtapes on the Amstrad all in one.

I vaguely remember hearing some sound tapes with Cutty Ranks in. Can't remember what sound he was in.

Would love to get hold of some old sound system archives though...always searching.

Silkydark check out this site

www.dancehallmix.com/foundation.html

These guys have hundreds of live Dancehall Tapes and CD's going back to the 70's, every sound you can think of, including Saxon Hi Fi.

I was young at the time, but was deep into the UK bubblers sound (Smiley , Asha Senetor, Macka B.). Still have quite a few tapes in my collection. Lyrically, I think these MC's were way ahead of everybody else in the business, including the hip hop MC's at the time, 83' to like 87'.

You can also check Gemini Hi Fi from Jamaica '79 to '84 with Ringo and Welton Irie. These guys were pretty good too.

Best session tape i ever heard was General Trees with Major Worries on a sound they simply called GT (?) Wicked as Sh*t ! all lyrics and styles thur the whole thing! Also a sound called "Exodus " pure sweetness . Glad we got some other old heads who remember !

old dancehall cassettes,Yo I got a Stereophonic hi-fi from 1979,and numerous oldies

Im feeling this. I think also Smiley Culture was in this camp. I was young at the time but I remember the elders kicking out the mixtapes on the Amstrad all in one.

I vaguely remember hearing some sound tapes with Cutty Ranks in. Can't remember what sound he was in.

Would love to get hold of some old sound system archives though...always searching.
I got a Stereophonic from 1979,and numerous oldies ,too many to mention here...

Back