All reggaeton sounds the same...

Nobody can still answer why it's called reggaeton, if it's not REGGAE at all. Why not call it REGGAE-NONE. I see the mods have yet to give the reggae-none guys their own thread. I'm outta here, all the real reggae/dancehall fans come over to www.dancehallreggae.com. BTW nothing against the reggae-none guys, I'm just not into the stuff.

i am marking this have not read everyones post... but i was in atlanta and ran across a reggaeton artist that just ercntly got a deal .... he askd me if i did reggaeton i of course do not so i didnt lie .. he askd me to do a few and get back to him... but i was like most people on the 1st page of the post... thinkin to my self they mostly do sound extremely similar....( but most of these are radio .. versions) which we all know radio sucks any way ... ) any way the reason for the post is to ask any one to point me in the direction of some good reggaeton music djs and artists for homeowkr purposes...thanks

ustedes son un choorro de ignorantes soy de puerto rico im from puerto rico and all of u are ignorants jaaaaaaa perreo

magikbeatz said:
ustedes son un choorro de ignorantes soy de puerto rico im from puerto rico and all of u are ignorants jaaaaaaa perreo

Tu eres PENDEJO! ReGAYton no sirve para nada..solo homosexuales

the riddim of reggaeton the dembo yes is the same same **** but truely what creates the reggaeton in my opinon is the great melodie. now days the melodies get so complicated. what truely makes reggaeton great. ''in my opinon''

I said the same thing about sample ling and hip hop making, and then I went on to make some hip hop and it was a bit harder than i taught, and I started to like hip hop and sample ling and grew to respect it(Neptunes, Kanye thats the hip hop I like, some others). If you think reggaeton sounds the same your going no one where, because musically, your to ignorant. You got to be open to all kinds of music. Hip hop drums are all the same to, no matter how you vary them, the same principle at least. Has to be a fact if you have the above opinion your music probably sounds like crap.

even if u used the same samples that dud i could make them sound much better and with much more .flow drum programing in reggaeton is harder than it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
Reggaeton

The thing is Reggaeton isnt about beats as much, its more about the lyrics, how silly can they be, the plays on words, sexual metaphors, its completely ridiculous, But not ALL reggaeton is the same, it does all center around a same riddim- the Dembow -but you have all sorts of different styles:
Tiraera- Battle, disses (has a lot of gunshots), crazy breakdowns, orchestra sounds, big strings and horns

Romantikeo- More glassy synths, romantic elements, its more aimed at girls

Bailoteo- Faster beats, crazy synths (93-102 bpms)

Fusssion- More futuristic sounding, wierd synths, more trippy, has an arab kind of "swing" to it, the beats are ALOT slower (85-90)

Bachateo- This is Reggaeton with elements of Dominican music like Fast merengue breakdowns, and Bachata guitar lines, this is reggaeton aimed at the Dom. Market

Vieja escuela- Old school, uses more oldschool Jamaican rhytms like the "bambam" These are faster beats and the artist would sing more "ragamuffin" then rap really

Ritmos- Everyone across the whole word says "ew i hate that ****, it all sounds the same, its all the same beat. Whatever- they just do not understand
A lot of people in PR just DO NOT feel hiphop, its not carribean in any way, they get bored if its not reggaeton or salsa- Its just the way it is.
. Here in PR if you try to Dj at a club and you try to play some hiphop or Crunk or any **** like that, people wont want to dance to it as much and youll be booed off the stage.
There are several different rhytms
-Dembow- the central rhymth used in 95% of the music
-Bam Bam- this one is looser and has more swing in it
-Bailoteo- This is the faster dancehall ragga-style beat
-Pitch- this sounds like a very low-pitched dembow, kinda like tribal drums, sort of chopped n screwed in a way
-Tracata- a real drumset (similar to the Poco man jam riddim used in Jamaica)

People try to mix in a lot of hiphop beats and other rhytms but a lot of producers fail at changin it up and keepin it interesting, in PR we are very much behind in respects to that. People generally dont like to use samples, they feel that thats stealing that is why most of the music is synth or strings-based. Reggaeton has a lot variety-you just have to look for it since a lot of it is garbage pop music.
There are a lot of different producers too, theres Luny tunes, Dj Rafy Mercenario, Danny Fornaris, DJ Jam, Mr. Green, Dexter, DJ Nelson, and the one who is credited with started putting people singin reggae in spanish over jamaican beats- Playero
Ther is also the debate- whether Reggaeton started in Panama or PR,
-of course i have to be patriotic and say that REGGAETON STARTED IN PUERTO RICO jejeje

Hit me up if you want reggaeton drum kits- i have a bunch.

Totally agree with the above post, but he forgot Nely lol
What some people take them like 30 min to amke a hip hop beat guess how much it takes to make a romantik reggaeton beat, just guess. lol

DominicanTunes said:
Totally agree with the above post, but he forgot Nely lol
What some people take them like 30 min to amke a hip hop beat guess how much it takes to make a romantik reggaeton beat, just guess. lol
hell yea nely la mente maestra jejej

Dj Maranello said:
sumbody alwayz complainin about dis, itz gettin old forrealz, do sumthin about it if u think it soundz da same, i throw stuff in reggaeton datz not heard in typical reggaeton, to differ minez from everybody elses. an i also throw sum reggaeton stuff in hip hop.
I know what you mean- you talkin a beat like "chevere" by Voltio & Notch right?? thats fire sometimes I cant handle that Lil Jon synth unless im completely wasted

dVIAJE PR said:
hell yea nely la mente maestra jejej

I know what you mean- you talkin a beat like "chevere" by Voltio & Notch right?? thats fire sometimes I cant handle that Lil Jon synth unless im completely wasted
Never heard of dem, i only listen to Christian Rap y Reggaeton Cristiano wen it comez to urban style music, ppl like Leo, Manny Montes, Maso, Ivan Y Ab, Yanrymond(christian merengue). Itz even weirder cuz no other producer i know in person doez what i do, so im da odd one out cuz im da only wun round mah area dat producez reggaeton unless i take a trip to mah west side.

Not all reggaton sounds the same, that's like saying all of one race of people look the same.

If you don't listen to Reggaton, of course it'll all sound the same to you. Doesn't all rap soundthe same to your grandma?

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Not all reggaton sounds the same, that's like saying all of one race of people look the same.

If you don't listen to Reggaton, of course it'll all sound the same to you. Doesn't all rap soundthe same to your grandma?

LOL Man as far as music goes, ANYTHING with loud kicks or thumpin bass my parents HATE, i mean if i try and ever even show them my music i have to turn down the kicks and bass parts on the mix hehe.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:

lolol datz tru, datz wat i been trina say all along, mah uncle complainz about dat, but i mean, if datz da case, den why dont we say reggae all soundz da same, an rock music soundz da same, im like duhh dey gotta have da same ""sound"" in order to b a part of dat genre

well to me every song haz the same drum pattern sum sit a lil more style nd shyt but its still the same nd almost every song is about sex/women not that sex nd women arent good but every effin song comon plus i dnt think any of them r origenal com on look at the names

rakim y ken Y
Wesin y Yandel
alexis y fido
gemstar y big mato
nd thats only a few why does every duo u Y think of a fukin name for u duo damit

nd they also kinda copy hip-hop
rakim y ken Y (Eric B and Rakim)
Don omar (bishop Don juan)
daddy yankee (big daddy kane)

do i hav to list more

if u wanna hear sum different lyricz den go to reggaeton cristiano, itz alot different. reggaeton wit a real message.

Back