All reggaeton sounds the same...

P

PaulRice

i wonder if anyone notices this... I listen to almost the vast majority of these songs and beats an they ALL SOUND THE SAME. The drum beats are always simular, nothing unique from each other, and the rhythm and melody sound the same and too obscur. Honestly, they all use the same synths as well. Now tell me you dont notice this...

not at all the drum pattern has to be a certain way in order for it to be reggaeton and the melody is hot and is not ll the same here is a sample u must not know much about reggaeton....believe i know what u mean about the drums but there are diferent there are many types of drum patterns they are called dembows and there are many of them but they do have a way of sound that makes then sound a like but if it was not like that then it would not be reggaeton and girls would not dance to it.....

well, Nothing against reggaeton. I do have a minor interest in this style but im just expressing the pattern that i notice in all the reggaeton sounds...

sumbody alwayz complainin about dis, itz gettin old forrealz, do sumthin about it if u think it soundz da same, i throw stuff in reggaeton datz not heard in typical reggaeton, to differ minez from everybody elses. an i also throw sum reggaeton stuff in hip hop.

Take the drum pattern from any dancehall song from the 1980s

Add a few strings...a Latino Rapper(yes its spanish rap NOT reggae) with a high pitched voice, and you have a hit...

But hey...it gets the ladies movin..cant be mad at that...

its the new krunk

I'm not a super huge reggaeton fan, but yea, I realized that too. What I've been told by some of my people who are more knowledgeable in this area, is that the reason it's all the same, is cause that's the only way to get a label to take you seriously.

No Its The Dembow! And Who Knows What Kind Of Reggaeton Ur Listening To Cuz There Are Many Drum Patterns, Synths, And Styles. How Are You Gonna Say That Lunytunes's Sounds Like Myztiko? Not Everything Sounds The Same, Take The Wax Out Ya Ears And Listen Good...... And If You Don't Like It Stay With Hip-hop.

yo people reggaeton may sound da same to any listeners, but com'on producers i expect you to listen closely and spot the big difference, and try not to listen to the same producer songs. cuz luny tunes always sound da same is their style get me. bless people.

yo people reggaeton may sound da same to any listeners, but com'on producers i expect you to listen closely and spot the big difference, and try not to listen to the same producer songs. cuz luny tunes always sound da same is their style get me. bless people.

Last edited:
PaulRice said:
i wonder if anyone notices this... I listen to almost the vast majority of these songs and beats an they ALL SOUND THE SAME. The drum beats are always simular, nothing unique from each other, and the rhythm and melody sound the same and too obscur. Honestly, they all use the same synths as well. Now tell me you dont notice this...

man, i'm with you on that !
they all sound the same !

What? THats like saying all hip-hop songs sound the same. Drum wise lol. But yeah some reggaeton beats have the same synth, and same drum ****.

wow u guys wack
reggaeton producers set down that same beat and get madd creative alla round that beat
use different instruments, synths, etc.
soo many different types of music have been used in reggaeton and done so well (indian, tango, french, etc.)

I remember when it all started. It was way more simple, but at the same time more pure and creative back then. Now that it got "commercial" it just the same sh!t. I don't care how many synths and sound effects they use, is just boring. How many ways you can find to talk about a girls "culo" or the played out "your parents don't want me with you"?...But is all good because "it sounds good at the club". That's the excuse for all the crap we hear nowadays. That's the way we measure music now.

Un Saludo a los Productores:

DJ Playero, DJ Eric, DJ Adam, Dj Crane, DJ Stefano, Dj Nelson, Dj Joe y el #1: Nico Canada.

Cantantes:

Mansion Crew, Cabaluchi, Cejón, Ruben San, Falo, Camaleon, Rey Pirin, Guanabanas Podrias, Memo y Vale, B.Rasta y Gringo, Point Breakers, HornyMan y PantyMan, Deambulante, Wiso G, etc....y el que iba a ser el mejor: Blanco.

FREE TEMPO.

Last edited:
J.Silva said:
I remember when it all started. It was way more simple, but at the same time more pure and creative back then. Now that it got "commercial" it just the same sh!t. I don't care how many synths and sound effects they use, is just boring. How many ways you can find to talk about a girls "culo" or the played out "your parents don't want me with you"?...But is all good because "it sounds good at the club". That's the excuse for all the crap we hear nowadays. That's the way we measure music now.

Un Saludo a los Productores:

DJ Playero, DJ Eric, DJ Adam, Dj Crane, DJ Stefano, Dj Nelson, Dj Joe y el #1: Nico Canada.

Cantantes:

Mansion Crew, Cabaluchi, Cejón, Ruben San, Falo, Camaleon, Rey Pirin, Guanabanas Podrias, Memo y Vale, B.Rasta y Gringo, Point Breakers, HornyMan y PantyMan, Deambulante, Wiso G, etc....y el que iba a ser el mejor: Blanco.

FREE TEMPO.

I know what you mean but fortunately there are artists like Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Nejo, and a few others that have their own style.

Did you get Nelson's last album... its a little different, spiced with another herbs...

Dj Maranello said:
sumbody alwayz complainin about dis, itz gettin old forrealz, do sumthin about it if u think it soundz da same, i throw stuff in reggaeton datz not heard in typical reggaeton, to differ minez from everybody elses. an i also throw sum reggaeton stuff in hip hop.

it aint getting old you cant call something reggaeton when it comes from dem bow riddim pattern! thats my opinion and to many puerto ricans cannot tell the difference between dancehall riddims and reggaeton music withthe same beat pattern and you wonder why people get upset i mean play any dancehall song with beats like that and the majority of hispanics think its reggaeton music, thats one of the reason people get pissed

To me their are about 3 styles of reggaeton: Hard Hitting Dance Track, Ballad, and Rap-Inspired "struggle" track.

Just mix and match the artists and you got REGGAETON!!

Marol said:
To me their are about 3 styles of reggaeton: Hard Hitting Dance Track, Ballad, and Rap-Inspired "struggle" track.

Just mix and match the artists and you got REGGAETON!!

i disagree, theres different styles in dancehall but that dont make it what dancehall is
http://riddimmethod.net/?p=62

however i think the purpose to reggaeton is a typical sound inside the beat pattern

Last edited:
Back