Youtube Monetization Question

hollo321

Hello i released an album with a label and did not sign any contract with them so i should own all the rights still. When i upload one of the songs to youtube i get copyright id claim says its licensed to cd baby and monitization is disabled. I tryed to dispute saying i own the rights its my song and my dispute was unsuccessful. So i guess the label took my music uploaded it to bunch of distribution services like cdbaby and they taking all the monitazation. Shouldnt i be able to monitize my music since i own the rights?

Brah I literally had a guy steal my beat and license it to CD Baby like 3-4 months after I made the beat and uploaded it to YouTube:

Last edited:
sorry to hear that man. Anyone have a solution to this crap? After disputing the claim saying its my songs and i own copyright for them i still lost the dispute. unbelievable

Unfortunately this happens all the time.

I've disputed a few claims and lost.

I even provided the copyright registration number in several disputes and still lost.

The system is obviously broken and as a result I could see a class action lawsuit happening in the future but for now I see very little need for them to fix it...

That being said, if you are willing to go the distance you can escalate it to a DMCA take-down but keep in mind if they choose to fight it at some point you will have to pursue litigation or you risk getting banned and/or receiving copyright strikes from YouTube. Smh..

On a side note, one thing I did do that worked for me with a few tracks was directly reaching out to the artist and having them contact their digital distributor and having it retracted on their end. A bit of work, but for now it is what it is...

Good luck.

I've had the same problem.
But in all but one instance i would send them a message and they would grant ownership back to me.

I would send a messege similar to this:
I am the creator and owner of this audio. I have not authorize anyone permission of Synchronization Rights to this audio.

What solve this issue for me was using airbit.com youtube content id program.

I had already been using airbit.com for years but they just added there content id program last year.

Also use beatstars.com content id program for soundcloud and audiomack.

Dont sleep on this info. For us beatmakers the future is content id.

Check my website using airbit.com.
If you want a similar site let me know.

Also i'm trying to get my facebook page monetized.
Instrumental Beats - Home | Facebook

If you are trying to do the same drop your page.

Last edited:
Sounds like your label uploaded the album through CD Baby. CD Baby gives you the option to "whitelist" certain YouTube Channels so that monetization is allowed. You'll need to get in touch with the label you 'signed' to in order to enable your YouTube Channel and stop the copyright claims.

Back