When Sending Beats in E-Mails

DJ Idol

DJ-Idol.Com
What is the best/proper way to do it?

Should I attach a few .mp3's? Should I send them a link to my website/SoundCloud?

Should I send full 3-verse-3-hook beats or just simple 1-verse-1-hook snippets?

Thanks for any advice.

I say do everything you just said. Send 2 or 3 mp3's. Put links in the signature of your email. As for the 3V or 1V versions? I can't help you. I send full songs, but things change from verse to verse usually, plus intro's and outro's. So I wanna get all that out there.

Also, I think it's good to be short & sweet with anything you plan on saying in the email. If they want to know more, they can check the links you hopefully added at the bottom.

I say do everything you just said. Send 2 or 3 mp3's. Put links in the signature of your email. As for the 3V or 1V versions? I can't help you. I send full songs, but things change from verse to verse usually, plus intro's and outro's. So I wanna get all that out there.

Also, I think it's good to be short & sweet with anything you plan on saying in the email. If they want to know more, they can check the links you hopefully added at the bottom.

Cool, I appreciate that homie!

this has already been covered in a sticky at the top of this section
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...gal-marketing/etiquette-sending-music-361897/
but one thing not mentioned and ppl forget about is
TAXI: record deals, publishing deal, film TV placement, recording your music, songwriting
DJ Idol if you're serious about your music and have polished songs you should join and the ppl reviewing songs on this company where A&R for large records labels so they know the business
get your songs on BET,MTV reality shows
WB alot of smooth Rocks cats get on like Supernatural,Smallville, Vamp. Diaries....
but there is a market for everybody so check it out.. soon as albums are done for me artists on my label they all will have taxi accounts
because Christian music acts have a audience too
with
Fox Faith movies
movies like
The Grace Card
Breaking the Press
FireProof
To Save a Life and many many more....
just loving the way the entertainment/media business is openly enbrancing faith-based artists

I would send a snippet of ur beat with tags on it to prevent them from stealing it then also have a link to your website where they can purchase the full beat.

Yea that thread is really helpful. But Id send "indie" cats snippets w/ 1 tag on the beat (intro before drop). Send em 8 if you want, a variety. Send those beats to SEVERAL people. some say this is bad #shrug, if you send the same 8 beats to 20 people and 2 decide to buy exclusives well that s great for you! include a prof. signature in your email, not w/ 20 diff websites and crap. Snippet = intro, hook ,verse..

#Trilltrax

I'm not huge on tags/watermarks, but I usually email 1-minute snippets to prevent the artist or A&R from running away with it. Mostly though, in my experience, I just end up sending them the whole beat if they request it which basically means the snippet email is an unnecessary step. Of course, it's all about how much you trust whoever you're sending your music to. If I've built a rapport with an artist and I trust him/her, than I'll send them full-length tracks.

That's not to say people haven't been exploited before though -- happens all the time. It's always smart to be safe.

Appreciate that fataltone. I'm gonna check that out right now.

no problem I'm about help indie labels and artist

Walkinonwater.gif

THE WALKING ON WATER MEDIA/ENT/BUSINESS COACH Antonio
LETS BUILD A RELATIONSHIP TO BUILD YOUR SUCCESS

holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com
SERVICES

marketing salesmanship
professionalism sure fire networking
faith and entertainment leadership
time management/organization niche market research
Q & A Music Business/Law Consultation Recording/Production Studio design/organization(includes equipment suggestions for your budget)
artist bio writing freelance blog posts
business startups development budget development
studio security contact resources

"they speak on malcolm and martin, christians lets speak on luther and calvin"

It’s just a short edited sample of your production. Cut a section, fade in/fade out, a few seconds, !Voila!

GJ

It depends, but usually if I actually know the person I'll just send the full beats in wav form via google drive. I usually make a custom folder and everything, include their name etc. Make them feel special and like you put time into it, presentation is important.

I used to hold back and send snippits but good artists usually ask for splits anyways, plus if someone wants to steal your beats they're only going to get so far in 2020... Plus it's just more work to send all the different details in a beat when they request it. Might as well send a lot so you don't have to keep going back and forth.

Again, if you trust the client^^^^. Wouldn’t send the storehouse if they’re first or second timers...

GJ

Back