What type of beats are selling the most in today's world of beats??

trap beats are easily made, and sold at a high price
they sell the most these days
as a old school/boom bap beatmaker i can say that very little people are interested in that anymore

there are you just need to market your services to those who are looking for that sound

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

trap beats are easily made, and sold at a high price
they sell the most these days
as a old school/boom bap beatmaker i can say that very little people are interested in that anymore

Lol I was never really into trap and only made 1 trap beat (by accident) and that was a long time ago lol (not bashing trap, they have good trap beats out there). People usually consider me a "weird," "different," "in my own world" producer and I lost many chances because of it, but it's very ironic. They bash my "weird" beats and mostly buy my "weirder" beats. Very.. uh.. "weird."

I agree. Urban Music is NOT in demand, and EDM is global and people love/want it. Times have changed. Hip Hop is annoying to most people.

i'm not selling any, i'm working on getting an album out right now with three rappers and all my beats go to that. which i'm not trying to sell btw, giving it away for free just to have something dope on my resume. i want to make something for people to listen to as no-one outside of rappers listen to hip-hop instrumentals. i'm really not even promoting myself right now other than locally as my dope shit isn't going on soundcloud or soundclick till the albums done (due december 21st of this year). after that maybe i'll try selling beats but i'm much more interested in making dope songs and albums. this is more than a hobby to me but not a career, i wanna make what i like (90s/boom bap) which doesn't sell these days.

Last edited:
Urban music is a waste of time.

I am more into Electronic music. I would suggest that anyone serious about making money from music start creating Electronic beats.

You do not have to stop hip-hop/rap, but build up that Electronic catalog. It is easier to make and is growing at a rapid pace.

Many of the songs that I have licensed are Electronic instrumentals.

this...

hip hop is such a joke right now the target market is ridiculous, they just want free shit. I remember JohnnyJuliano saying in a video that he only gets a couple sales a day and he gets MILLIONS of plays and is at the top of soundclick

that's ridiculous because most rappers today are fake, rapping on fake bubble-gum copycat beats that all sound the same.

Focus on other genres if you want to get your paper like Desire Inspires said

I branched off into doing music for video games and it pays off more

If your still focused on selling beats I would try to get placements or license them into t.v./film, cause the indie hip hop scene right now really is a joke and your going to be broke if you keep dealing with these broke no-talent rappers

For me, it's Drake type beats.
I'd recommend checking the top tracks on websites like BeatStars and Airbit to have a clearer idea of what's trending.
That's what I use to track the trends.
Following popular spotify rap / hip hop playlist also helps a lot.

Last edited:
For me, it's Drake type beats.
I'd recommend checking the top tracks on websites like BeatStars and Airbit to have a clearer idea of what's trending.
That's what I use to track the trends.
Following popular spotify rap / hip hop playlist also helps a lot.

Def agree Twitter and billboard.com is another good resource to use

Back