What type of beats are selling the most in today's world of beats??

Star Tanner

Good beats sell period. People like a bit of everything stop trying to please everyone and just please your fanbase.

Urban music is a waste of time.

I am more into Electronic music. I would suggest that anyone serious about making money from music start creating Electronic beats.

You do not have to stop hip-hop/rap, but build up that Electronic catalog. It is easier to make and is growing at a rapid pace.

Many of the songs that I have licensed are Electronic instrumentals.

i couldnt give a **** less about whats selling.... im going to do me and connect with my demographic as much as possible.

i couldnt give a **** less about whats selling.... im going to do me and connect with my demographic as much as possible.

That is dumb.

If you are not worried about sales, why even connect with a demographic? That implies that you are trying to sell music.

Just connect with other music fans and hobbyists and have fun.

I understand that you are too scared to make a living from your music. That is okay. But do not act like you are "above it all".

That is dumb.

If you are not worried about sales, why even connect with a demographic? That implies that you are trying to sell music.

Just connect with other music fans and hobbyists and have fun.

I understand that you are too scared to make a living from your music. That is okay. But do not act like you are "above it all".

you mad that i don't care about whats on the radio? I make good music and there is a demographic for the music that I make... i connect with them and make a lil money. what's your beef? why you mad? who is acting like they are above anything? i don't sell out... there is honor in that. and if i can make money off of what i do, then why the **** should i care about whats popular?

Last edited:
my stuff I the highest paid producer on Soundclick lol

I think a little bit of everything sells
depends on what the artist is looking for
a hot beat is a hot beat period

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Urban music is a waste of time? Really? In my opinion, no music is a waste of time. It's all about preference, but to answer your question, I'm hearing a lot of trap-based songs and I hear A&Rs complain about the amount of trap-based beats they're getting and encouraging people to "create a new sound" or "bring on something different." Heck... One "famous" soundclick producer hosts a contest and don't even look at your beat unless it has a trap sound.

Another genre that seems to be selling is electronic music... Particularly dup step. I'm hearing music artists trying to transition dubstep into their genres like hip hop & R&B. They sound pretty interesting.

Bottom Line:
Listen to YOUR radio. Listen to the beats. Look all over the internet at the new stuff coming out. THOSE are the beats that are selling.

Last edited:
Look @ The Top Of SoundClick, Outside Hip Hop Its Obviously Pop/Dubstep Tracks

If you can get a good hook put on the beat. That helps it sell tremendously. Whether the buyer wants the hook or not, it showcases the beat.

Urban music is a waste of time.

I am more into Electronic music. I would suggest that anyone serious about making money from music start creating Electronic beats.

You do not have to stop hip-hop/rap, but build up that Electronic catalog. It is easier to make and is growing at a rapid pace.

Many of the songs that I have licensed are Electronic instrumentals.

Electo is garbage, so when this fad dies off you'll be jumping to the next one? Making music you have no feeling for will just produce more garbage. You can't force yourself to make something you hate. Good luck with that.

Why fight? I used to be just like some of you. A hardcore hip hop head and I was very ignorant and said I will produce no other genre, ever!

Here's what happened... I changed and now not only am I trying to produce every genre, I'm trying to CREATE MY OWN GENRE. Trying out new genres got me fans of all kinds and demographics, it even landed me a placement with one of New York's most famous indie artists not once, but TWICE! You guys think producing other genres is a waste of time? think again. I understand this isn't for everybody, but don't open your mouths until you open your minds.

Tip: Make different genres, but add elements of your style to it... like Hip Hop for example.

I'm done.

Last edited:
All my highest sellers have been southern for years lol. But anything with a hook is usually way more popular than stuff without em, much easier for the artist.

My highest selling beat is actually a hyphy beat, go figure.

I haven't heard that term in years.

what are some relevant hyphy artists now???

-Coach Antonio

I haven't heard that term in years.

what are some relevant hyphy artists now???

-Coach Antonio

tyga, e40, yg, drake(he's experimenting), new boyz(making a slight come back), j stalin, the usual bay area bunch(messy marv, the jacka, etc.), and a bunch more that I can't think of right now. Hyphy/ratchet/bay area beats are going to start popping up out of everywhere from what I can tell. My beats don't really have the typical hyphy sound though; I try to mix it up a bit.

Last edited:
Hard to say. I know that as a boom bap/hip hop producer times are hard (not following trends), but I'm still working with well known and respected indies. Carve your niche and exploit it.

trap beats are easily made, and sold at a high price
they sell the most these days
as a old school/boom bap beatmaker i can say that very little people are interested in that anymore

Back