Type Beats For Non Mainstream Artists

BeatsConcrete

Beats Concrete
Hey all, I noticed a lot of producers doing type beats. Makes sense, take inspiration from the hottest most influential artists, but I'm wondering if anyone out there is doing different 'type' beats. Like clipping. type beats for example. Particularly minimal stuff I guess.

A lot of people are not doing "type beats" thing. It is basically a marketing strategy, because people nowadays are looking for beats that sound like their favourite artists beats.

Yeah I get that. Nothing wrong with it either really, just wondering if anyone is doing type beats for less mainstream artists (obviously less lucrative but surely there's a market still?)

I think that you raise a major point. For example, there are many artist that are less mainstream that work with distribution companies and maybe have a large following, or even building a following. Doing "type beats" for these artist would make a producer be a head of the game in marketing strategy. That is A1.

Yeah that's where I'm at. Rap is so diverse these days yet the focus for type beats seems to be purely in the current meta. Surely this would make the market for type beats of a different sub-genre/ lesser known artist type beat less competitive?

I feel it would next depend on the overall marketing that backs up the process. I.e, how are we attracting new listeners and new music artist to be inspired by this new genre. Will it bite? People like to deal with familiar names.

Yeah that's the downside to it. Not necessarily talking about new genres though although that would be awesome. More talking about more experimental groups like Clipping. They've got a pretty big following but aren't really mainstream. But yes, all about marketing. A smaller pool of fans is harder to reach but easier to penetrate once you have (providing that particular niche isn't already flooded with producers). Check Clipping. Out if you have entered heard of them. Particularly story 2.

Back