Are Type Beats Considered A Lack of Effort or Smart?

prod.bysold

Hey guys,

Hopefully we could start a thread here. :cool:

As mentioned above, would like to know on your perspectives on type beats. Some may say there's a lack of creativity input because they emulate instead of creating beats from a blank canvas. On the other hand, some say it's giving back to the community based on what rappers/artists are looking out for.

Speaking of which, correct me if I'm wrong, there's very little beats that I come across these days that are actually off the blank canvas. It's hard to find a character trait in producers nowadays in terms of sounds since Type Beats became very popular.

Any thoughts? Let's all be civil here!

Hey guys,

Hopefully we could start a thread here. :cool:

As mentioned above, would like to know on your perspectives on type beats. Some may say there's a lack of creativity input because they emulate instead of creating beats from a blank canvas. On the other hand, some say it's giving back to the community based on what rappers/artists are looking out for.

Speaking of which, correct me if I'm wrong, there's very little beats that I come across these days that are actually off the blank canvas. It's hard to find a character trait in producers nowadays in terms of sounds since Type Beats became very popular.

Any thoughts? Let's all be civil here!

I think their a smart way to reach people, as long as it's not overdone. It would be ideal for producers to make type beats and more and the idea is to reach more people. It's like an octopus stretching its tentacles, at least that's how I see it.

I think their a smart way to reach people, as long as it's not overdone. It would be ideal for producers to make type beats and more and the idea is to reach more people. It's like an octopus stretching its tentacles, at least that's how I see it.

Yeah bet. I think it is a good strategy too but in terms of finding your own sound as a producer, wouldn't it be a hinder?

Yeah bet. I think it is a good strategy too but in terms of finding your own sound as a producer, wouldn't it be a hinder?

No I don't, I think the opposite actually. The reason I stated that it shouldn't be over done is because it important to reach the audiences and customers who don't like or want type beats. Producers should make music for those guys and gals too. Plus, type beats I suspect carry more risk of lawsuits and negative backlash the other beats.

Back