TV Pay Per Air?

bendorr

I recently submitted a couple tracks to an A&R for music on AXS TV, and she said that one of my beats will be used on a show there (Skee). However I was wondering, how much do you think that a network show airing at 10 PM pays for 30 seconds of background music (Instrumental) per air? Just looking for estimates, thank you!

$200 dollas.

No I don't know for sure, it may be for free, but if you are signed up with a PRO you could get about $1.40 in residuals.

you get paid per use and as it is synchronisation (used as an integral part of the program) the payment is on a different scale to other forms of air-time

per use means any time they show the same show in the future you rack up another payment.

your pro will be able to tell you more about the specifics from their end

your lawyer should be involved to make sure you get your placement payments as well (in cases of seeking advice consult a lawyer competent to practice law in your place of residence - they will know more than any nutter on the internet may about the specifics of the law where you live)

Interesting, how much do you think an average network show would pay for an instrumental piece (30 seconds) at around 7 o'clock?

Last edited:
The key to these kinds of network TV placements are in the reruns, I've discovered. I've now gotten a 2nd quarterly check for some placements I got last Summer because the show re-ran several times. In all the episode has been aired a couple dozen times. I'm not going to cite specific dollar amounts (especially because I don't know if the same rates apply to your situation), but according to my statement, it's obvious that a single airing would have been useful for grabbing a nice lunch somewhere. But with the multiple airings, it turned into something more substantial.

I just searched "typical ASCAP statement" on Google (images). You'll get answers there. You can see musicians' actual payouts.

Last edited:
Back