struggling to figure out if you are wasting your time thread

struxsedan

オフファック
Is anyone else neglecting homework or responsibilities to make music? I have been for a while, i can't help it. It's starting to worry me though because at some point i'm going to have to get a stable job or something. Anyone else get this feeling?? Are you just going "fuck it" and making music anyway?

Don't do it.

IMO trying to make money out of music is always a big risk.

You need a plan B in case it never takes off and you need to pay the bills.

Yes, always have a Plan B. If what you're doing is your passion yet you have a job on the side or you're attending school. Try to learn or use those to your advantage with your music somehow. The key to success with that is also having multiple forms of income.

get your homework done first then do music. having a backup plan is essential because making it in music is not always guaranteed. there was a time when i was in college, my last semester as a matter a fact. i was working part time, going to school, and doing music. i got an A in one class and a D in the other. keep up those grades man, it'll pay off in the long run.

i agree with what was said above.

If you work in your passion you never work a day in your life they say...
but on the downside it also can destroy your passion if you struggle to much and feeling to much pressure when making music because you need to pay bills... than maybe all that bad feelings get connected with making music!

If you want be save its only making sence to consider to become a professional producer/musician/painter/dancer/actor/etc.... if you grow into it to a point where you see the chance of blowing up (getting paid good) right around the corner.
But of course say fuck it and go for the way of art is a valid option too, just comes with higher risk moneywise.

or like a wise man said once :
six million ways to die choose one

Back