Starting up and selling beats as an LLC?

BearOnTheBeat

As of recently i have been producing full time and been making steady income from it. I've been looking into making selling beats my full time job and i was wondering where would i begin as far as doing it "the legal" (setting it up as a business) LLC, business licence, taxes and all that.

I'd highly appreciate a reply if anyone has advice or can point me in the right direction. Thank you

Where are you from and what do you define as steady income as the music biz sells dreams, not reality.

California, i've been making about $400-$500 a week. I'm not aiming to become rich or famous or anything like that. I just figured i was matching my paycheck from work why not try and put some more time and effort into my music.

Scroll down to the third bracket: Articles of Organization (Form LLC-1)
Forms, Samples and Fees | California Secretary of State
Print it out and mail it (if your close to Sacramento you can drop it off at the office for faster service)

After that (which should take 2-4 weeks) go here and apply for your TAX ID
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online

You get it instantly and from there you can take both your LLC & EIN papers to your bank to set up an account.

Keep in mind, if you're doing local beat sales and getting cash money there's no real reason to set it up, only unless your getting checks or online payments. As for taxes, you don't have to worry about that until your LLC has been in existence for more than a year.

Back