SoundCloud Alternatives

OGBama

What are alternatives for SoundCloud for showcasing work once copyrighted? The biggest issue with copyright is doing things the right way, if I were to record original lyrics to an instrumental obtained via online from any producer who posts his or her instrumentals on any sharing site, how and/or what would I file as I'm not the credit stealer type (e.g. I'd say instrumental by...) or should I try to find a local producer and/or producers to develop a sound?

What are alternatives for SoundCloud for showcasing work once copyrighted? The biggest issue with copyright is doing things the right way, if I were to record original lyrics to an instrumental obtained via online from any producer who posts his or her instrumentals on any sharing site, how and/or what would I file as I'm not the credit stealer type (e.g. I'd say instrumental by...) or should I try to find a local producer and/or producers to develop a sound?

You've got a few questions here. I'll try my best.

#1 What are alternatives for SoundCloud for showcasing work once copyrighted?

Have you tried Audiomack?

Its similar to Soundcloud (and free).

#2 how would I file?

when you copyright a song I believe there is an option to add a contributor to the work. That is where you'd add them to the registration.

You can also just copyright the lyrics as a separate work too. :hello:

#3 Should I try to find a local producer and/or producers to develop a sound?

This IMO is the best option. Try and reach out and build.

Also: If you do record a song with people have a split sheet on hand. This way when you go to publish / register your work, there is little confusion with who did what. (eg: who's the songwriter, composer, producer, etc.)

Good luck.

I no layer, however, I have done research on this in the past.

You would still file a SR form for copyrights, and a PA for songs that you perform. The credit is distributed between you and the producer of the track in the same way as if you were to buy the beat from an online store. You should be in contact with the person who made the beat. This is important for more reasons than song publications, like future collaborations and promo opportunities. Alternatives to Soundcloud are iTunes, Spotify, Airbit, Soundclick and other similar companies who host your music online for you. Even YouTube can be considered an alternative. When choosing a host, look for real benefits that can help you grow your music business. I like Soundcloud for somethings and not so much for others. Hopefully this helps; if not, I'm open to more discussion on this topic.

Last edited:
Back