sending the same beats to different artist?

thisizgjones

I heard sum1 say u shuld wait 3-4 weeks for a response b4 you send out the same beat but that's a long to just be waiting...so wat I was thinking abt doin was sending the beat to multiple artist and in the email just telling them to get back asap and informing them that the beat may be sent to various ppl.....any input or advice?

Last edited:
Its all up to you. People work at different rates. It depends how likely they are to use it/If you are in regular contact with them i guess.
3-4 weeks should be more than long enough to lay down a track...shit a week/day for that matter, you would know if you've got any song ideas for a beat.

Rappers like to just have beats for no reason sometimes, which is counter productive as a producer if you want to get stuff worked on.

If i were you, i'd just let them know that other people want the beat, so hurry the **** up or pass.

Last edited:
Everyone works different. Some artists just stash beats until they are inspired others work right away it really depends on the artist. I have gotten quality back in 24 hours and I have gotten crap back in 3 months. It really just depends on the artist. I generally make beats project specific for that purpose or make sure the artist knows that who ever pays up first gets the beat.

Sales is a numbers game, it doesn't matter what level the playing fields on.

Get your beats to as many people as possible, sooner rather than later. I've been able to reach a hundreds of people per day by promoting through social networks likes twitter and using my email list. Don't waste your time trying match your beats to an artist because these guy's try to keep it fresh.

Never wait to let people hear what you've created. Never hesitate to shop your beats to multiple label, recording studios, or other organizations of music professionals. Anyone who tells you to wait on releasing your beats is trying to hold you back from achieving success. Your beats don't sell unless people hear them first. People won't hear them unless you invite them to listen and share your tracks. Business ownership is an active role which means that your going to be required to push your product. How hard you push will determine your financial income, as will working smart. Sell you beats from you own website for optimal control over your beat releases.

Look for ways to get your music to more people in a shorter period of time. After doing so, you’ll find that artists come to you more often than you go to them. Most of the time, it's the friend of an artist who finds your music. Don't get star struck and handle your business accordingly. Keep it simple by making and selling beats to whoever has the money to buy.

I send the same beats to multiple artists all the time. Why? Because a lot of these artists are imitators and are cheap as hell. If you dont want 500 people with the sample snippet of that beat then buy it. period. Its your fault not mine. Artists these days are lost as hell & dont know HOW this should work & producers steady walk with them. smh. Its all messed up, you do what you can.

Send those same beats to 300,000 people if you want. If one person is upset thats their own problem. Should have bought it. Now I got 30,000 of those 300,000 that leased that beat.

I email beats weekly in my newsletter. I collect emails. I send. I repeat & dont wait.

Send them to everyone. Whoever gets back to you first with the bread gets the joint. Don't wait on rappers to get shit done. No offense to any "MC's" or Rappers out there, but they are the worse people to work with when it comes to business.

Trill is on point with this one. Im my 10 years of selling beats I can tell you people will even buy your shit and never release it and/or fall off the map. Create... and move forward. Be happy that you are making money off your hobby

you see the car industry in trouble but still plenty of cars in the parking lot because they are still buyers
if you're visible to the buyer(s) they will buy because that's what they want to do
and it's tax season hopefully alot of ppl will invest in their craft (emcees/singers) and buy instrumentals

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Christ is the King of All Men

Alway remember, people buy from people they like. So if you're a car salesman, you need to do your best to stay connected with people. I find that frequent online activity yields results when it comes to online marketing.

@fateltone have you bought the plus version of Hootsuite yet? With it, you can up to 200 tweets per day. As long as you get into the habit of scheduling your tweet for the following day, you'll see a huge jump in website traffic. Reaching out to two hundred is the maximum number of people you can reach per day using their platform and, trust me, it's more than enough to generate a buzz.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Alway remember, people buy from people they like. So if you're a car salesman, you need to do your best to stay connected with people. I find that frequent online activity yields results when it comes to online marketing. @fateltone have you bought the plus version of Hootsuite yet? With it, you can up to 200 tweets per day. As long as you get into the habit of scheduling your tweet for the following day, you'll see a huge jump in website traffic. Reaching out to two hundred is the maximum number of people you can reach per day using their platform and, trust me, it's more than enough to generate a buzz.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I wonder how this keeps happening when I try to edit posts... There's something happening with my computer. I guess it's about time for a new one.

Last edited:
Alway remember, people buy from people they like. So if you're a car salesman, you need to do your best to stay connected with people. I find that frequent online activity yields results when it comes to online marketing.

@fateltone have you bought the plus version of Hootsuite yet? With it, you can up to 200 tweets per day. As long as you get into the habit of scheduling your tweet for the following day, you'll see a huge jump in website traffic. Reaching out to two hundred is the maximum number of people you can reach per day using their platform and, trust me, it's more than enough to generate a buzz.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Alway remember, people buy from people they like. So if you're a car salesman, you need to do your best to stay connected with people. I find that frequent online activity yields results when it comes to online marketing. @fateltone have you bought the plus version of Hootsuite yet? With it, you can up to 200 tweets per day. As long as you get into the habit of scheduling your tweet for the following day, you'll see a huge jump in website traffic. Reaching out to two hundred is the maximum number of people you can reach per day using their platform and, trust me, it's more than enough to generate a buzz.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I wonder how this keeps happening when I try to edit posts... There's something happening with my computer. I guess it's about time for a new one.

I made sure this morning I paid down all my home expenses and kids needing more clothes and all that jazz lol(thank God for that nice paycheck)
I have a $100-200 promotion budget setup exactly two week from today and going to use my state tax refund to setup my llc. and grab a new laptop here soon too
I'm moving to a bigger home so I'll have a permanent office area in the home too
so I got alot of stuff going on FP
now back to hootsuite
what do you know about the $50 Ow.ly Vanity URL upgrade option???
what option are you using as any beyond the pro plan???
I deciding to either get a flyer designed to start local buzz on my website/consulting business or start up with the $5.99 hootsuite tonight or tomorrow
what a nerd I am I didn't realize you can run Pro account for 30days free so tommorrow after work I'm going to sign up and still get my flyer design through
Fiverr - Hire people to do things for $5
you guys you need to check it out low cost small jobs like simply designs/video intros etc..

HootSuite Social Media Management » Another +1 for HootSuite: Google+ ~ News Roundup

the 30day of the free trial will allow me to research and learn the system well to get to best out of it

I also found your article
Music, Marketing, and Twitter

I'm see that time management is key to using twitter with hootsuite

besides Facebook,Twitter what other social media sites are you using with hootsuite???

as you know I been contacting and building relationships through Reverbnation which isn't a "social network" like FB and Twitter but I found it helpful

and I saw that you have you twitter posts rolling on your site hook FP up with the link to that app

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Christ is King of All Men

Last edited:
Back