Sending beats

sicariobeats3

I always wanted to figure this out when it comes to sending rappers beats.
(Not talking about rappers that are fully established, Just the local underground/soundcloud rappers.)

Do most send the full beat in MP3 format, tagged once or twice?
Or do you do a 30 sec snippet of the beat tagged?

And also, can someone please enlighten me or educate me on the reason why producers send beats to these rappers, when they can just go to your website?

I always wanted to figure this out when it comes to sending rappers beats.
(Not talking about rappers that are fully established, Just the local underground/soundcloud rappers.)

Do most send the full beat in MP3 format, tagged once or twice?
Or do you do a 30 sec snippet of the beat tagged?

And also, can someone please enlighten me or educate me on the reason why producers send beats to these rappers, when they can just go to your website?

Sup bro, from my experience in sending beats I always send the whole beat tagged every 4 bars and I make sure its copyrighted first. Otherwise people will use or steal your stuff without credit or payment and you will be out of luck. I am currently trying to devise my own perfect marketing scheme but just tag your beats up and copyright for protection. You are going to run into people who will say I don't like tagged beats or send un tagged beats or dont want to pay for beats. Those are the people you dont care for. Hope this helped a little bit.

I find it really depends on the type of artist you're sending your music to. You know, getting your music stolen can be a high risk if you're sending it to a lesser known artist. Bigger ones can do it too but it depends on the artists reputation really.

Here's the thing, make sure you can prove you made the beat and you'll be fine :). I'd send the full song.

Last edited:
Sometimes I send a 5+ minute mix of beats where it works through the 1st verse and chorus then cuts out into the next beat. If anybody is motivated enough to chop it into pieces and rearrange it into a full length beat they probably weren't going to pay in the first place.

I find it really depends on the type of artist you're sending your music to. You know, getting your music stolen can be a high risk if you're sending it to a lesser known artist. Bigger ones can do it too but it depends on the artists reputation really.

Here's the thing, make sure you can prove you made the beat and you'll be fine :). I'd send the full song.

Yea I see people on twitter saying send beats I'm in the studio right now and what not. and In my head I'm like.. who are you and why not go to one of the producers websites and shop around and have your lyrics ready for when you go in the studio. But yea I get it.

Sometimes I send a 5+ minute mix of beats where it works through the 1st verse and chorus then cuts out into the next beat. If anybody is motivated enough to chop it into pieces and rearrange it into a full length beat they probably weren't going to pay in the first place.

Not a bad idea. one time I just did the 8 bar hook and 4 bars of the verse. and called it a day. or atleast get a solid 30 sec of the beat heard, with my tag in it.

Sending the full beat with a few voice tags throughout should be fine.
I think it might be better to not overdo it with the tags as it can be annoying to the artist and may not convert as well.

Back