selling beats made with PAID and free royalty free samples

mrskytown

Hello this may seem like a stupid question but I'm gonna be selling some beats online and was wondering if I'm allowed to sell beats made with royalty free samples. I know I'm not allowed to resell them as sound kits as if I made them but I should be allowed to sell my beats. Is there any way I can find out some more information about this. Just want to know all that there is to know before I put the music out there

Most royalty free material can be used any way you want, just not resold in it's original form with it's original purposes.

Example, i can use a royaly free song in my movie, sell my indie movie and never owe another dime, but if I put that royalty free song on iTunes as part of my movie's soundtrack, I'm probably breaking our contractual agreement.

If I use a loop from a loop pack to make a beat, I can sell that beat and never owe another dime, sell an album the beat appears on and never owe another dime, but if I sell it as part of my own loop pack, I'm probably breaking our contractual agreement.

Each contract is different, they usually post their terms in broad day on their site before you even buy. Just follow the guidelines.

Last edited:
your right, and i do make songs from scratch also, but i do have songs that ive made with sounds that i purchased.

so if i buy drum kits, i can create my own sounds and sell them ,im just confused because someone told me that using certain sounds i cant sell/ lease my beats to others. but drum kits should be different because they are one hit sounds that i create music with. when people say make song from scratch what exactly do they mean, would buying sample drum kits and programming my own beats and programming my own virtual instruments or do they mean literally creating my own drum sounds.

Back