Royalty free licence

Enki Vibe

Enki Vibe
Hi guys, help me to understand some questions.. I will try to explain my short story maybe you guys, will understand more easy :D
I am composer (beat maker) and I have in plans to go to some markets place to sell my beats (Pond5 - Audio Jungle).. I know this market places are Royalty free license... My question is : after selling my beats with Royalty free type license can I resell the same beats exclusevly or with another type of license ?
Thank you for your time!

"Royalty Free" means the end-user/customer buys the rights to use your music for a fee, and you (through a vendor/aggregating company like Audio Jungle) license them to do that with a one-time fee, rather than a fee plus royalties for each use.

Each licensing company is different and has their own creator agreements, so you have to do your due diligence and read each agreement/terms of use before signing. Some like to represent artists/composers/track and their creators exclusively, others do not have exclusive agreements, but many are going that way because it gets confusing to have a composer and his or her track represented by, and multiply pitched by, multiple vendors. You'll have to look at each agreement carefully to decide if it is right for you...

So pretty much the purchaser owns the royalty rights. Right!? So if I say have these productions on itunes for sale I can't sell for royalty free!?

'Lakwaun' Royalty free means that you don't need to pay extra royalties (you pay only the license), and most of the time you buy the license to use the music in your video, but you can not sell royalty free music (that is not your own composition) on iTunes.

'Enki Vibe' Most of the royalty free music providers propose non exclusive contract to the artists, so you can sign with all of them if you want too..

Back