Producer and songwriter collaboration

laratabithav

Hey guys,
I'd just like to start by saying I'm not well versed in producer things because I'm only a songwriter. I'm seeking advice because a producer has reached out to me after I posted a song on spotify, the only song I've managed to record + edit + mix myself (it was only on garageband, I had no idea what I was doing), and he is interested in working with me. We've had a couple meetings talking about prospects and such, and I've recorded a bit for a demo. He has put forth a letter of agreement which I've been going over myself and I'd just like to check that everything he's put in there is valid and trustworthy, because, obviously, I have no idea and have nothing to compare it to. There is apparently an inital cost involved if we decide to go ahead after the demo (he's stated I wont have to pay anything for the demo) which he's written as $1,150 per track, which is, if I'm reading it right, only half the cost involved in making the song professionally. I'd like to get an idea of the risks involved and if this is a good idea, or if he might be trying to rip me off. Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.25.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.25.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.25.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.25.14 AM.png Please help!
Thank you :)

Back