Need some urgent advices

Dito

Hello to everything. I'm a music producer and DJ. I've only been producing electronics for a few months and I've released my first song with a medium record label. I was contacted by an UK record label to which several legends belong and which makes important gigs, radio shows and tours around the world. His A & R contacted me and told me that he was impresssd about my music and that I can do great things in the music industry. Because I'm starting I’m not known already this is true . His proposal is to start an advertising campaign with them because there are famous artist on his label and I need a campaign regarding to boost my artist profile. They offer me a very good campaign that costs a lot of money (1,400 to 2,400 €) to promote me as an artist in the press, blogs, magazines, song release promotion, and as well radio shows contracts and booking managment on their label.I'm a mess right now. I know that as a producer music does not give money to live and my goal is to live minimally from my music. I can only do this by joining a booking mangment to get me into gigs and tours. But I'm afraid that when I spend all that money it does not come true and I can’t get through some gigs. I really don’t know if someone charges some fee to join a booking managment. I know my music has quality and I could make it but actually I’m afraid about spending money for nothing.
Thanks a lot for reading and real advices
Kindest regards

If they are working with "big artists," and can't afford to float your campaign, my advice would be to run. They are looking for your cash, not interested in promoting you.

GJ

If they are working with "big artists," and can't afford to float your campaign, my advice would be to run. They are looking for your cash, not interested in promoting you.

GJ

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, they have release by some legends. You said go for it but at the same time that they are only looking for my cash?

Well, the cash from a campaign its a service that obviously reports them revenues. But they are an important name with a lot of festivals, radio shows, promoters contacts and tours.

I have to think that they are not interested in me even if the A&R and their managers believe that I can make great things in the music industry??

Don’t understand any kind of trick if they are not interested in me. It’s true that any artist campaign need some investment.

Yo, he's saying run away from such deals. Do not take it. Leave it be... At what point did you read the words, "Go for it...?"

Back